PDA

View Full Version : can't see graphics

jonacpa
October 19th, 2001, 06:56 PM
just installed 2.312, upgraded to directx 8.0, upgraded to aspi 4.6(1021)----still can't see any graphics. i am not interested in making cd's--just playing cdg's through computer. my drive is a standard hp cd writer plus. any ideas?

Brian Corr
October 19th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Not all HP drives can read/play CDG files, I think that is where your problem lies.

Can you play CDG files that are on your hard drive - if you have any made using Karaoke Home Producer.

You will also find that you can not save CDG's from CD to Hard Drive with a non CDG reading CD Rom drive.

MTUSUPPORT
October 22nd, 2001, 11:24 AM
What is the exact model number of this HP drive? Some of the HP drives are known for doing this.

jonacpa
October 22nd, 2001, 12:01 PM
The properties button says "LG CD-RW CED-8080B"

MTUSUPPORT
October 22nd, 2001, 12:54 PM
This is your problem, this drive will not support the Karaoke Format. This is not even an HP drive, the brand is LG, which is a low end drive, that doesn't support CD+G.

foxxygirl
January 23rd, 2002, 06:56 PM
I have a LG CD-RW CED 8080B drive also and tested it with microstudio to see if it would copy a cd+g file from a store bought cd+g disc to my hard drive, and it did perfectly. Then I burned my copied cd+g file from my hard drive to my cdr disc and it played in my karaoke machine just fine. But when I create a cd+g file with home producer and burn it to a cdr to play in my karaoke machine...the graphics won't display. Could it be that maybe my writer doesn't support files created only by home producer, but will read and write files from a "bought" cd+g disc?