PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to 3.313

billyo
December 5th, 2006, 11:09 PM
just got an email from mtu about the new upgrade.. 3.313..i'm not sure if this is real mtu never emailed me before about any upgrades..plus while i was reading it there's a lot of mispelled words (i'm just being cautious ).and at the end.its says..powered by phplist v. 2.8.12 @tincan ltd .so is this for real..i almost downloaded it but when i went to my account i still have the 3.312 version

gpayne
December 5th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I got the same email. Just click on the Hoster 3.313 setup download link and you will get 3.313. MTU has been sending personal download links lately.

gpayne

kilith
December 6th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Yeah the email is really strange and tons of mis-spelled words. However it did upgrade to 3.313.

One thing I need to ask about is what they claim...
Change SongBook Select Viewer to NOT Recommend Selecting Excel - Excel cannot open Rich Text Format (RTF) files. However, Word can open RTF and export in .XLS format that Excel can open.

We all know that about Excel... however there is no export in word that I have ever seen... I use Office XP Professional and I know word is not able to export into XLS

I will still stick with using the database and exporting from access into excel which does work

ddouglass
December 6th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Not sure what happened to MTU's email. It looks like a wild spell checker got a hold of it.:g But it is legit and that is your link to download the upgrade.

The store set-up is changing, so it is highly recommend you save a copy of this file to a safe place because you won't see it in the store account.

Beavis
December 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM
is it me or is this one slow download ??

ddouglass
December 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Too much to drink last night Beavis??:r :t It is slow and I hope they get it fixed. I have no desire to download for 3 hours!:e

Beavis
December 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
man.......i feel like i have dial up again !!!

remember those days??? painful !

ottobounds
December 6th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Free upgrade available message has link that will gives a download speed of 3KB/sec. On broadband, that's almost 2 hrs. according to my hard drive. Is there a problem with the link or is the download server that slow?

ddouglass
December 6th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yes there is a problem. Many people are having this problem. Read this thread http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=8255

kilith
December 6th, 2006, 10:29 AM
slow download? I downloaded it last night and took me 2 mins to download it lol :) It might of been a bad router or server on your way to the MTU server.

ddouglass
December 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
If it is it still is there. I might get this finished by the time I head for home tonight.

kilith
December 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Wow it is still downloading? When did you start your download? lol. It is only a 20 mb file... on high speed that should take no time at all :) very strange lol

Beavis
December 6th, 2006, 11:17 AM
it must be the Millions and Millions of people downloading at the same time. :g

kilith
December 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM
lol yeah no doubt!!! I started mine right after I got the email and was done in no time :)

admin
December 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM
The download.mtu.com server is an extremely fast server, with unlimited bandwidth. It is located in Fairfax VA... the Internet Hub of the UNIVERSE! There is no faster location.

The "slow" problem has yet to be determined exactly what on the server is causing it, but I am sure it is due to the large number of users calling for the 20MB file at the same time.

The 3.313 download is on our server with the demo downloads, so the combined demands is clearly exceeding system resources.

If you are having problems downloading, come back later.

ddouglass
December 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I am beginning to think it may not be your server but a router or server in between some of us and you Admin. Just seems to be too eradic to be your server.

billyo
December 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM
is it me or is this one slow download ??
you're not the only one..i wa downloading it and it says 5hrs. and so much minutes..so i thought it was my laptop/router..i already finished watching a movie and it was still downloading i just finally cancelled it ,and i wil download it when i get home tonight..

kilith
December 6th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I am glad I got my download in when I did lol :)

lmcmains
December 6th, 2006, 03:51 PM
My download speed is at 1.5 kb/ps now. Says 5 hours. Most of the time I download it in less than 30 sec.

billyo
December 6th, 2006, 04:26 PM
My download speed is at 1.5 kb/ps now. Says 5 hours. Most of the time I download it in less than 30 sec.

that didnt work for me last night.i was watching a movie while downloading and when the movie was over ,it's still downloading...

xxyzz
December 6th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Is 3.313 a free upgrade? My account page shows that my download link for Hoster expires later this month but the link only shows a download for 3.312 which I am already using. I have not seen any e-mail about the upgrade, maybe it got caught in my spam filter.

Beavis
December 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Is 3.313 a free upgrade? My account page shows that my download link for Hoster expires later this month but the link only shows a download for 3.312 which I am already using. I have not seen any e-mail about the upgrade, maybe it got caught in my spam filter.

you should have gotten an email for link to download it.

a2kmike
December 6th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I dowloaded the file this morning @ 4.5Kb/s ... took about 75 minutes on my DSL connection. WAAAAAy slow

billyo
December 6th, 2006, 09:46 PM
If it is it still is there. I might get this finished by the time I head for home tonight.

this is really bad..i've been downloading since 8pm it's 9:45 now and only 42% of it is downloaded..i'm on my second movie now !!!

goonie227
December 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM
this is really bad..i've been downloading since 8pm it's 9:45 now and only 42% of it is downloaded..i'm on my second movie now !!!
I Haven't even gotit yet

ddouglass
December 6th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Your email should have come to the address you use for your store account. If you haven't gotten it go to support center and turn in a ticket.

billyo
December 7th, 2006, 12:14 AM
finally after 2 movies and 4 hrs. later i got done downloading the upgrade and installed...whew !!!

admin
December 7th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I just tried it (5:20AM Thursday) and got 600K Byte sustained with my Cable connection.

The site is working OK. I have asked our web master to check the logs and stats and see if there is something on our site that has caused this.

Inquiring minds want to know. :g

admin
December 7th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Your email should have come to the address you use for your store account. If you haven't gotten it go to support center and turn in a ticket.
Correct answer! :w

All the other MTU programs now have download links in the page that appears when you click your program's Help menu "Check for Updates" command. It is too risky for us to do this with Hoster for undisclosed reasons. :s

We are trying to reduce the load on our web master. And, we are ending the download links being part of the store. We tried it, its not the answer. We need to upgrade the store, and with all the custom download and Registration Code additions that have been made... we can't. :e :f

Thus, we must remove both of these from the store. Within the next 6 months, your MTU Account will stop being where you get downloads or your RegCodes. My plan is to make it easier. Click the Check for Updates and look there. That will be where you will find both these items. Microstudio already has its download link for 3.001, as do Keyrite, KHPro and Vogone. Hoster is our problem child we must take different directions with.

We have a LOT of work ahead on our web site to make this easier than it is now. The store turned out to not be the best way as we out grew it sooner than we expected.

We apologize for those who have to submit a Support Ticket to get it. HOWEVER... this will continue to be a problem unless you put "mtu.com" in your whitelist at your email vendor's site. They are blocking your receiving our emails. Please... fix that today so you don't have this problem every time to get a new release.

Dean Gadberry
December 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I to got an e-mail and it looked funny but I tried the link and it worked. I have always been able to down load it around 3 1/2 minutes and it was the same for this version. When I tried to install and transmitting data to MTU, my computer locked up . I restarted the computer and tried several more times with the same result. I then tried to contact MTU and it was 4:10 pm central time and there was nobody home. I was unable to get my older version of Hoster to work because the install had already started. Tried to reinstall older version and same thing happened when it was trying to tranmit back to MTU. I did a computer restore so I can get the show done this weekend but the program would not let me load any more songs. My data base for the disk brands and disk ID was not working. I did try the free data base on one disk and it came back with some info and when I tried to select all to load I kept getting a error where Hoster needed to shut down. A couple things I would like to see: Live help for the rest of the country especially on the weekends when most of us have shows and instant online help so that troubles can be addressed. IE find out if it is our problem or MTU's problem.
Dean

Beavis
December 8th, 2006, 07:59 PM
did you look here ?

http://mtu.com/kb/support-center.htm

never upgrade before any show !!!

gd123
December 9th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Dean Gadberry
A couple things I would like to see: Live help for the rest of the country especially on the weekends when most of us have shows and instant online help so that troubles can be addressed. IE find out if it is our problem or MTU's problem.
Dean

Always Install ANY version of HOSTER OFFLINE with a FLOPPY or DATASTICK. Save EACH and EVERY VERSION's install on a SEPARATE Floppy/Datastick along with EVERY Version of Hoster.

That way, if you need to reinstall ANY VERSION of HOSTER, you DO NOT EVER need to be ONLINE to do it.

I suggest a DATASTICK. For instance...With current versions, Hoster installs to a HOSTER FOLDER. Well, each NEW VERSION "OFFLINE" INSTALL would cause the PREVIOUS Version info to be OVERWRITTEN.

So, once you perform a DATASTICK OFFLINE INSTALL, and a HOSTER FOLDER is established, RENAME the HOSTER FOLDER to say HOSTERv3312.

Then, when performing a NEW VERSION INSTALL, Hoster WILL NOT see a HOSTER FOLDER and CREATE one.

Continue to RENAME these FOLDER FOR EACH VERSION.

COPY the ALL HOSTER.EXEs onto the Datastick.

This way, if you need to INSTALL ANY VERSION again, simply RENAME the HOSTER FOLDER, of the version that your want to Install, back to HOSTER, double click the Hoster.exe that corresponds to the renamed HOSTER FOLDER, and finish the INSTALL. YOU NEVER NEED TO BE ONLINE TO INSTALL THIS WAY.

I can't imagine NOT having this as a BACKUP way to install!!

The only case that this will not work, is when your Computer Fails and you try to install on a different computer...then, unfortunately, you will need MTU interaction.

Dean Gadberry
December 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I do load the file into a data stick but I have not renamed the file or folder. I also see that during a upgrade internet conection is not needed. I have tried both ways on this new version and neither one was successful.

gd123
December 9th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I to got an e-mail and it looked funny but I tried the link and it worked. I have always been able to down load it around 3 1/2 minutes and it was the same for this version. When I tried to install and transmitting data to MTU, my computer locked up . I restarted the computer and tried several more times with the same result. I then tried to contact MTU and it was 4:10 pm central time and there was nobody home. I was unable to get my older version of Hoster to work because the install had already started. Tried to reinstall older version and same thing happened when it was trying to tranmit back to MTU. I did a computer restore so I can get the show done this weekend but the program would not let me load any more songs. My data base for the disk brands and disk ID was not working. I did try the free data base on one disk and it came back with some info and when I tried to select all to load I kept getting a error where Hoster needed to shut down. A couple things I would like to see: Live help for the rest of the country especially on the weekends when most of us have shows and instant online help so that troubles can be addressed. IE find out if it is our problem or MTU's problem.
Dean

No where in the above does it state that you tried to load Hoster OFFLINE with a PREVIOUS Data Stick Registration/Install.

I do load the file into a data stick but I have not renamed the file or folder. I also see that during a upgrade internet conection is not needed. I have tried both ways on this new version and neither one was successful.

You say you do "load the file into a data stick." What file?

Does that mean that you had gone through the OFFLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS with your data stick for previous versions?

It still not clear if you went through an OFFLINE Registration Process, for a PREVIOUS VERSION and Hoster failed to Install/work properly.

Because, if you had done this with version 3.312 or any Prior Version, you wouldn't have needed to RESTORE your computer.

While OFFLINE, and, with the DATA STICK in a USB Port, you would, simply, doubleclick the v3.312 or any Prior Version Hoster.exe file, to start the installation process, and follow the process to complete the install.

Obviously, if you are having problems with ONLINE REGISTRATION of the CURRENT VERSION 3.313, you wouldn't be able to COMPLETE and install, FLOPPY/Data Stick OFFLINE or ONLINE.

But your 1st POST talked about problems with installing a P R E V I O U S Version.

My comments were, to generally, give info on how to correct to a PREVIOUS VERSION WITHOUT HAVING TO BE ONLINE. It may be too late for you, as it doesn't appear, from the reading, that you have a PREVIOUS VERSION OFFLINE REGISTRATION/INSTALL Method available.

It is, also, clear from the reading that SYSTEM RESTORE is not always the answer.

Forum members should take the advice that an OFFLINE REGISTRATION method is imperative. Hoster allows it...use it.

Dean Gadberry
December 9th, 2006, 07:30 PM
GD123, I wish that you would have read all of my first post and you would have seen that I was trying to load 3.313. I didn't want to go to the web but it wanted to while it was installing. After I tried several times I tried to see if my old version, prior version to 3.313 if it would work and it didn't. I then tried to reinstall that version and it wanted to connect to the web and the same thing happened to that version, install locked up trying to connect to the web even when I didn't want it to connect. That is the reason for the restore on my computer(Which was my only option since MTU was unavailable for help). I have been running Hoster for over 2 years and it is a very good program and getting beter all the time. I have had very little problems in the past getting the program down loaded and installed and from what I have read a lot less than most. I am looking for support for the software. In my main business(Farming), I can get support for the most part any time I want or need. People are available and parts if needed. Beavis asked if I had tried the support page and that page only helps during business hours.

gd123
December 10th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Well, if you ONLY wanted advice on installing v3.313, then, you shouldn't have posted:
I was unable to get my older version of Hoster to work because the install had already started. Tried to reinstall older version and same thing happened when it was trying to tranmit back to MTU. I did a computer restore so I can get the show done this weekend but the program would not let me load any more songs.

Then, stated, further, that, after restoring to a previous version, you experienced this problem:

My data base for the disk brands and disk ID was not working. I did try the free data base on one disk and it came back with some info and when I tried to select all to load I kept getting a error where Hoster needed to shut down.

I can only assume that, since statements are Posted in a HELP FORUM, help is needed. So, don't be surpprised when help is given.

So...back to v3.313...I would suggest redownloading the software as, it may be possible, that you got a bad file. It happens.

Dean Gadberry
December 10th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I posted in the help forum because I wanted help and a explanation as to why this happened and what to do about it. I still have not got the response needed to fix this problem. Telling me what I should have done in case things don't work is not the same as what needs to be done to fix the problem at hand. I have down loaded the file several times on 2 diffrent computers to see if that made any difference and it has not. So I feel that it was not a one time bad file down load.

ddouglass
December 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I posted in the help forum because I wanted help and a explanation as to why this happened and what to do about it. I still have not got the response needed to fix this problem. Telling me what I should have done in case things don't work is not the same as what needs to be done to fix the problem at hand. I have down loaded the file several times on 2 diffrent computers to see if that made any difference and it has not. So I feel that it was not a one time bad file down load.
Dean, what kind of connection do you have for the Hoster computer if any? If you do have dial-up or Hi-speed or even just anetwork connection it may try to go to that connection. You may need to disable any or all of those before trying to install. I have not used the off-line (USB stick) install, so I don't know if you need the stick plugged in before starting install or not, but gduns should be able to answer that.
Before you try to install again I would suggest you go to the Support Center and open a trouble ticket with MTU so Bryan can help you through this.

Dean Gadberry
December 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I was able to install earlier today. I down loaded again and then disabled my internet connection and it installed. As far as I can tell everthing works. I didn't try till this afternoon because of the weekend shows. Didn't want to have any more problems and have to recover from them before the shows.

ddouglass
December 11th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Great.

sassonsb
December 24th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Like others, I received the email from MTU let me know that since I already owned 3.303, I could download 3.313 for free. When I click on the link, I get an internet explorer error indicating that the 'page cannot be found'. In the error message there is a suggestion to open 'download.mtu.com' however when I click on this, nothing happens. If I go to the MTU home page and try to download the free upgrade it won't permit me to do it from that screen and indicates that I should look for the email.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Stephen

Dean Gadberry
December 24th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Click on the down load box to save the file to your computer. Remember where it saves it or you can tell it where to save the file. ie what folder or disk or memory stick or external hard drive. After the down load is complete then find the file and then you can install the update. I hope this helps.
Dean

sassonsb
December 25th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Dean,
Thanks for your reply. I can't find the download box. It looks like my option to update the software expired on 12/22/06. I got the email invitation to update from 3.303 to 3.313 for free in early Dec but I think all the upgrading was burdoning the system so they shut it down before I could upgrade. Now it looks like I may have lost my opportunity because of the expiration date.
Stephen

admin
December 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Dean,
Thanks for your reply. I can't find the download box. It looks like my option to update the software expired on 12/22/06. I got the email invitation to update from 3.303 to 3.313 for free in early Dec but I think all the upgrading was burdoning the system so they shut it down before I could upgrade. Now it looks like I may have lost my opportunity because of the expiration date.
Stephen
You need to submit a support ticket (http://www.mtu.com/kb/support-center.htm) and request a download link.

We upgraded our download.mtu.com server to double the capacity (at double the cost to us :e). I'm sure that the speeds now are back to normal.