PDA

View Full Version : Can't import from Pro-Burn CD+G - Can import with 3.314

DanL18
December 2nd, 2006, 07:04 PM
We recently purchased a custom CD+G from Karaoke.com that also has Pro-Burn & easy karaoke on the label. I can view files on the CD with Windows Explorer (but they only show as 1K) and can play the music only with Windows Media Player. When I try to import the songs with Microstudio ver 3.000 I get the error "The CD/DVD drive is not ready. Please insert disc and try again. It is also possible that your CD/DVD drive requires a firmware upgrade." I have not had this problem with other CD+G discs. I've attempted these steps so far:

1. Plextor PX-716UF 1.08 firmware upgraded to PX-716A 1.10
2. Set HW Error Correct (HWEC) to Yes

Neither of these steps fixed the problem.

Also tried to import songs with Hoster Lite ver 3.310, but get "CD/DVD drive not ready. Please insert a disc and try again."

Read Ron Vermillion's 10/10/2006 post on Hoster "HELP NEEDED cda files ??" where he had similar problem with these Pro-Burn CD+G (with black back on the CD) - he was able to work around using Microstudio, but I'm not able to get that to work for me so far. Any suggestions?

ddouglass
December 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Upgrade your Hoster (free) there have been additional version changes that corrected those problems. There will be an additional release to fix more very soon, so watch for announcements.

DanL18
December 4th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks Dale, I'll try the Hoster Lite upgrade. I submitted a ticket Sunday night for 3.312 - no response so far. I think we missed the email notification for the upgrade because we weren't on the email list until after the upgrade.

DanL18
December 7th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I downloaded & installed Video Hoster Lite 3.313 (as well as Microstudio 3.001), and I'm still getting the same error with Hoster Lite & Microstudio. I took the default install - the upgrade option - should I have taken the other option and uninstalled the prior version first?

ddouglass
December 7th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Yes you should uninstall and re-install. This will get rid of any lingering problems.

DanL18
December 8th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I did an uninstall of both Video Hoster Lite 3.313 & Microstudio 3.001, and then re-installed them. Rebooted and attempted to import the songs from the Pro-Burn CD+G and got the same CD/DVD drive not ready errors from both Hoster Lite & Microstudio. Just to be sure, played the Pro-Burn CD+G again in our VocoPro Colt and it played fine. Is there anything else I can attempt to get these into Hoster Lite or import them with Microstudio?

DanL18
January 30th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Downloaded Hoster Lite 3.314 today and tried to import my ProBurn discs again and it worked with no problems! Before 3.314, it wouldn't even recognize ProBurn CDGs.

When I did the import, I made sure to not select the last song (Easy Karaoke theme) and the actual songs imported fine. Thank you MTU! :)

admin
January 31st, 2007, 11:14 AM
I moved this to Hoster Help Forum as it really is about Hoster. :w

Hoster 3.314 has totally new CD/DVD Drive interface code we just finished so there is a significant change from 3.313.

We didn't try importing a Pro-Burn disc during the 3.314 development, but we're glad to hear Pro-Burn can now be imported in spite of our not doing anything.

It never ceases to amaze me what can happen in software developments! :c

mindonstrike
January 31st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Downloaded Hoster Lite 3.314 today and tried the import again and it worked with no problems! Before 3.314, it wouldn't even recognize the CD. This time it did, and when I did the import, I made sure to not select the last song (Easy Karaoke theme) and the actual songs imported fine. Thank you MTU! :)
Dan, Just out of curiosity, who did you buy your proburn disk from?
I just ordered one from doowop (They claim to burn them in-house) with a couple of Music Maestro tracks.
I'm anxious to check it out.

Sam

DanL18
January 31st, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hi Sam,
We bought this Pro-Burn CD+G from Karaoke.com, and it contained one track from Priddis and one track from Music Maestro.
Dan

a2kmike
February 1st, 2007, 07:26 AM
Dan, Just out of curiosity, who did you buy your proburn disk from?
I just ordered one from doowop (They claim to burn them in-house) with a couple of Music Maestro tracks.
I'm anxious to check it out.

Sam

yes doowop does burn their custom discs in-house (w/pro-burn) ... I have folks bring those to my shows to use and hoster 3.313 will not temporarily import a track from their discs (don't know about 3.314 yet)

they are located here in Louisville KY ... I've done most all of my karaoke business with them for the last 12 years

Mike Summitt

admin
February 1st, 2007, 01:19 PM
yes doowop does burn their custom discs in-house (w/pro-burn) ... I have folks bring those to my shows to use and hoster 3.313 will not temporarily import a track from their discs (don't know about 3.314 yet)

they are located here in Louisville KY ... I've done most all of my karaoke business with them for the last 12 years

Mike Summitt
Mike, did you get your email with the link to download 3.314? Read the Version Changes here (http://www.mtu.com/support/hoster-versions.htm). There were a lot of small upgrades, and two VERY BIG changes in the import error corection and CD/DVD drive recognition. :c

I'd like to hear if the Pro-Burn discs import as Singer's Disc (Add Track CDG button). :?