PDA

View Full Version : "Splash" screen between songs?

Deeter
November 30th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Hi-
I purchased Hoster and have upgraded to the most recent release yesterday. My friend purchased Hoster over a year ago but he purchased the entire suite. When he is running Hoster, there is a pinkish-screen with the Hoster logo displayed on his secondary display. When I run Hoster, though, the secondary screen simply disappears after the song completes. Is the splash screen between songs something that is available only in the full suite or can I enable it some way? And if I can, can you replace the Hoster splash screen with another or with a video clip? Thanks in advance......

Beavis
November 30th, 2006, 08:52 AM
its probably just a background display color change ont eh secondary monitor.

i dont have a dual display montior in front of me or i could check it for you.

Deeter
November 30th, 2006, 08:55 AM
No, his secondary screen obviously displays the text "Hoster" with a multi-hued pinkish background. It is replaced when a song begins. I don't have that and can't find anywhere to enable it in the program. So maybe it is a feature of the complet suite. Plus, he bought his complete suite installed on a shuttle from MTU so maybe it's something they added............

ddouglass
November 30th, 2006, 09:00 AM
This sounds like something your friend has created or added. The only thing Hoster is setup to display is the SND list and it has a black background with white letters. The only adjustments you have to the SND is the font.

Deeter
November 30th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Believe me, he can barely boot his computer up. It's nothing he added- it's a professional looking screen that has "Hoster" on it.

bobcox- with the Lord
November 30th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I have several copys of hoster and have never seen anything like that.
sounds like he may have someone elses software using MTUs Logo.

Deeter
November 30th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Well that would be a stretch seeing how he purchased the computer and the software direct from MTU................

Beavis
November 30th, 2006, 11:13 AM
when you got the computer was it on the desktop when you started the computer ??

Deeter
November 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM
It's not on my computer. My friend ordered one from MTU with the complete MTU suite of programs over a year ago. When he is running Hoster, the PC monitor screen has the song selection/play control window, the search box, and then he has the song display window on his DLP. While the song is playing, you see the lyrics on the screens. When the song finishes, the window (singer display screen) loses the lyrics screen and a PINKISH WINDOW SCREEN IS PRESENT WITH HOSTER on it. He didn't put it there, it is just there.

bobcox- with the Lord
November 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM
YES WE READ, but 8 computers with HOSTER 2 1/2 years of using hoster 6 times a week and i have never heard of this or seen this on any of them.
thats why the interest in your post.
when you see it on your own computer and not "A Friends" let us know. Bob

gduns - with the Lord
November 30th, 2006, 12:47 PM
he purchased the computer and the software direct from MTU................

It sounds Like they made a MTU LOGO for the desktop since the computer was purchased from Mtu. That would explain it. It doesnt come with the software.

Beavis
November 30th, 2006, 05:01 PM
thats what i said.

bryant
December 1st, 2006, 10:47 AM
one point for Beavis!

heydjbren
December 1st, 2006, 11:21 AM
Wow, tough crowd in here. :e

Beavis
December 1st, 2006, 11:23 AM
you know DJ its a northeast thing !! :g

lmcmains
December 1st, 2006, 11:37 AM
You live in the Northeast don't you?

Beavis
December 1st, 2006, 11:43 AM
yup, im a west coast Hoster ! :g

that is Western Mass

ddouglass
December 1st, 2006, 11:49 AM
I think someone from MTU is going to have to settle this one. Obviously none of us have ever purchased a Suite loaded system from MTU.

heydjbren
December 1st, 2006, 12:55 PM
I think someone from MTU is going to have to settle this one. Obviously none of us have ever purchased a Suite loaded system from MTU.

Or we could just from a hypothesis and let it ride. Every CD+G player I've owned had default graphics that would display when no disc was playing, so it would only seem natural that MTU would want to customize the singers' screen to have a default "Hoster" image when no one was singing.

Of course, you could easily design your own graphic and save it as the background image on your laptop to get the same effect. If I were to design one, I'd make it say something like "Thanks for singing... now put the microphone down!". :)

admin
December 1st, 2006, 06:09 PM
Ok... let me give this a shot. The guys helping you are all ones who built their own systems, so they never saw that...

MTU ships our computers with a HOSTER logo on the DESKTOP. :w :t

That's what your friend is seeing. We have never - to my recollection - shipped a version of Hoster with any background image, and the Singer's Display always disappears when the song ends. :w

Beavis
December 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
maybe his settings got messed up.

i bet his desktop monitor is set to the second screen and the singers display is set to the main monitor 1 .

i realize the software would be show on the snd but ya never know with windows.

kedmison
December 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM
I was just getting ready to post..... My first laptop with Hoster that I purchased back in or around 2001 came with a desk top logo. And yes you can have your desktop image appear in between songs. This is a great way to advertise yourself or the club where you work.

Kelly:)