PDA

View Full Version : Drive problems

alecman
July 1st, 2006, 12:52 AM
Just bought a lite-on drive for my dell desktop and still getting same results. e.g clicking on freedb causes the compter to hang. :m

is there going to be an update to this fault as not only me that is experiancing these problems with other cd cd/dvd drives

thanks ,

alec

Ron Vermillion
July 21st, 2006, 02:54 PM
I have in my HP pavilion zv5000 a drive listed as:
IDE HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N

Anyone know if this is compatable or not? One of the listings on that list says
IDE-CD R/RW 4x*

But I'm not sure if that wildcard * covers me as in anything that starts with a 4 ??? anyone know?

In my other laptop I have a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-822S USB, nope not the 825S that is listed on the list but an 822S. This is in a docking station under a tiny Toshiba libretto, which is what I would like to use.

Anyone know about these drives?

Ron

GuyMonroe
August 23rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Just installed the latest Hoster on my brand new HP Pavilion dv2050us Entertainment Centrino Duo notebook PC. All I get is a blank window displaying NONE. The "all drives" button is worthless. Appears to be a Hoster bug. The software is unable to detect internal drive. Awaiting a solution from tech support. :e :e :e :e :e :s :f :m

WDEWDAD7
September 6th, 2006, 07:07 PM
On the subject of Plextor drives, I have a Plextor Premium. Has been doing fine for over a year. I have ran a lot of discs through it. I think it is getting tired. What would be the best Plextor drive to install? I have XP Professional, 250 GB. memory +. Is the 760 good?

ddouglass
September 6th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Just installed the latest Hoster on my brand new HP Pavilion dv2050us Entertainment Centrino Duo notebook PC. All I get is a blank window displaying NONE. The "all drives" button is worthless. Appears to be a Hoster bug. The software is unable to detect internal drive. Awaiting a solution from tech support. :e :e :e :e :e :s :f :m

Did you check the list from above post by Admin to see if your drive is on that list? If it isn't then you will need to get an external that is or replace your internal with one that is.

ddouglass
September 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM
On the subject of Plextor drives, I have a Plextor Premium. Has been doing fine for over a year. I have ran a lot of discs through it. I think it is getting tired. What would be the best Plextor drive to install? I have XP Professional, 250 GB. memory +. Is the 760 good?
The 760 is definately a good drive. I have one in a show machine and have never had any problems with it. I also have 2 716s that I use too, but don't know if any of those are still available.

peter drake
September 17th, 2006, 05:34 PM
ive been trying to download and contact MTU WITH NO SUCCESS AT ALL FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS:m :m :m :m THE PHONE NR DOESNT WORK, THE INTERNET DOESNT WORK, IVE GOT A NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS THEY DONT RECOGNISE, I CANT USE MY OLD E-MAIL ADDRESS AS I CANT ACCESS IT SO IM STUCK IN NOMANS LAND, CAN ANYONE HELP,IM DESPERATE pETE d STARTURN KARAOKE uk

PETEDRAKE@TISCALI.CO.UK NEW e-MAIL ADDRESS

Beavis
September 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM
why dont you start here first

http://www.mtu.com/kb/support-center.htm

songpony
September 17th, 2006, 09:34 PM
What does the asterisk (*) mean when it's by a drive name?

lmcmains
September 17th, 2006, 10:29 PM
ive been trying to download and contact MTU WITH NO SUCCESS AT ALL FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS:m :m :m :m THE PHONE NR DOESNT WORK, THE INTERNET DOESNT WORK, IVE GOT A NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS THEY DONT RECOGNISE, I CANT USE MY OLD E-MAIL ADDRESS AS I CANT ACCESS IT SO IM STUCK IN NOMANS LAND, CAN ANYONE HELP,IM DESPERATE pETE d STARTURN KARAOKE uk

MTU is in the process of moving their office from one location to another. I'm sure they will help you soon.

admin
September 18th, 2006, 12:07 AM

Peter, please use our Support Center (http://www.mtu.com/kb/support-center.htm) for your questions. It is the only guarranteed way to assure your attempt to reach us does reach us. If you don't find an answer when you search the Knowledge Base, then submit a Support Ticket.

Also, please read our Need Help? (http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm) page. You will see you are not following our support recommendations. When you contact us through a Support Ticket, please give us facts as stated in the Need Help page. Then, we can help you.

admin
September 18th, 2006, 12:08 AM
What does the asterisk (*) mean when it's by a drive name?
It is a wildcard indicating a match for any letter at or following the * location.