PDA

View Full Version : Manual Entry of CD Information

Wrahn
November 28th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I've been playing with a Demo version of Hoster and have imported tracks from CD drive as well as from hard drive files. Things seem to work well when I have the original disc with the Disc Brand, and Disc ID. In fact it works great. Where I have a problem is when I try to use compliation discs I made from original discs which I used to group like songs together. I'm not a professional, I do it for fun at my home friend's homes and as a volunteer at an assisted care facility, so it was helpful to eliminate songs I didn't want and to keep less discs in my collection. I only have discs that I might do and have taken them from the original cases and used thin cases and even made a T.O.C of the songs with key changes.

Of course, when I want to enter any of these songs in Hoster, I need to go back to my original disc and track each and every song to get the original five parameters in order to enter the discs into the program.

Is there anyway around this problem? Can I just enter songs manually?

Thanks,
Wes

ddouglass
November 28th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Wes if you mean can you enter the Artist and title manually yes you can. Use the Custom Assembly brand name and assign your own DiscID.

If you have the drive space it might actually be better just to load all of your original discs and be done with it. You can always search by title or artist to quickly find the songs you want to sing. Then if you need one they are already included.

Wrahn
November 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Dale,

Thanks for the input, but I'm still "way out there lost" with all the field requirements and other informationone needs to fill in. I'm sure it's me not and not the wonderfully simple "how to" Hoster instructions.

I've learned how to use Microstudio with success, but unless I figure out Hoster, I'll stick with the old shuffle the discs routine. At least I have what I need on fewer discs so there's less shuffling to do.

Thanks again,

Wes

Wrahn
September 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
The older I become the more I realize the laptop computer with Hoster is a great idea. I would like to revisit the issure of having to manualy entering my collection of discs. I'm getting too old to haul and to keep track of all the discs.

Has anything changed with the program that makes entering the information easier? The last time I demoed the program I has overcome by the amount of time it would take to enter all my information.

Thanks for any help,

Wes

Roy Dennis
September 8th, 2010, 10:52 AM
There has been quite a few upgrades to Hoster since your first post but if your discs are custom assemblies then it would take you a long time importing them manually. The easiest way is as mention before by Dale, Just use your original discs and just enter the original brand & disc ids, this will import all the tracks to a hard drive so you will have all your original files plus the ones you dicarded before. If you have the full Hoster version it will print you a catalogue of all your entries and give you a disc id to select each track easily or you can use the search feature to quickly bring up your songs. With this method it is not worth discarding tracks, External hard drives are now so cheap storage it not a problem.

Roy.

Lonman
September 10th, 2010, 05:24 AM
If they are custom discs, you will have to enter them manually - no way around it. There is no way for Hoster (or ANY karaoke program for that matter) to know what is on your custom disc. Before you try to import, write down each song/artist in order & when you are in the import screen, start typing.
But like stated, if you have the original discs, just enter them all - storage is cheap, you can get a 2 TB drive for about $100 these days.

Wrahn
September 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Roy and Lonman,

Thanks for both replies. I was hoping that there was a DWIW (Do what I want) built-in program included in the updated version of Hoster.

Loman, it's nice to learn you're still active on this fourm.

Thanks again,

Wes