PDA

View Full Version : Importing songs from a hard drive file

stublack
November 27th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I purchased my second copy of Hoster in October and it's different from the one I purchased 1 1/2 years ago.

On this new version no matter how I set the define field order when importing hard drive files (zip or bin) I get an error "The parameter is incorrect". I don't have that problem on my original version of Hoster. I don't see anything in the manual that I can do to solve this???

Thank you

ddouglass
November 27th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Check the separators between and make sure they match what you have in the file names. This one got me first time I tried to import that way. There is a big difference between "_-_" and "-" :g

stublack
November 27th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I Still use the old version of Hoster on one-laptop and the new version on another laptop. I have the define field order including the separators set identically. I can add songs fine on the old version, but the new version I get parameter is incorrect. I tried many things to change it including only having the disc id and track number in the file with the correct sepators, figuring I could type in the Title and Artist once it imported, but I still get the message "The parameter is incorrect"

Thank You

heydjbren
November 28th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Can you give us a sample filename so we can see how your filename structure is set up? That might be helpful in determining the cause of the parameter error message.