PDA

View Full Version : hoster lite

billyo
November 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
thinking about getting the hoster lite for my laptop that i just got done fixing ( windows wont open, had to replaced the hardrive )..i was reading the diff. bet. the full version ( which i have on my other 2 laptops )and hoster lite , nothing was mentioned about being able to import a cdg from a walked in cust. i know it says cant play a cdg from a walk in cust.. so will i be able to import songs from a walked in cust. ?

Beavis
November 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
that would be illegal :e

mindonstrike
November 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
yes but...

#1 Like beavis said it would be illegal and therefore violate your license with MTU.
#2 You'd have to stop your show while you imported it.

billyo
November 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
[quote=Beavis;56181]that would be illegal :e[/

i dont see why would it be illegal..i now have 3 laptops..first one ( used to be my back-up ) is what i use now for my show and the second one ( just got it 2 weeks ago ) is now my back-up.. and i believed you are allowed to have hoster in 2 comp./laptops ,prior to getting this secong laptop i submitted a ticket to have my registration re set in which mtu did , the 3rd one ( used to be my main ) was the one that quit on me awhile back..( if you scroll up/down on forums..this is the one that the windows wont open ( unbootable volume...) ).. has nothing on it..had to replaced the hardrive etc..i am thinking of getting hoster lite for it..what i meant by for importing disc from a walked in cust. was to import it to a playlist..like the full version it will get deleted after song was played,,my question was would i be able to import a disc from a walked in cust.to a playlist on a hoster lite

Beavis
November 24th, 2006, 07:41 PM
just curious how it will get deleted when you use the import function like you say your going to do ?

FYI: i dont care what you do, its your business. im just giving you some info on copyright laws. :)

mindonstrike
November 24th, 2006, 09:15 PM
[quote=Beavis;56181]that would be illegal :e[/

i dont see why would it be illegal..i now have 3 laptops..first one ( used to be my back-up ) is what i use now for my show and the second one ( just got it 2 weeks ago ) is now my back-up.. and i believed you are allowed to have hoster in 2 comp./laptops ,prior to getting this secong laptop i submitted a ticket to have my registration re set in which mtu did , the 3rd one ( used to be my main ) was the one that quit on me awhile back..( if you scroll up/down on forums..this is the one that the windows wont open ( unbootable volume...) ).. has nothing on it..had to replaced the hardrive etc..i am thinking of getting hoster lite for it..what i meant by for importing disc from a walked in cust. was to import it to a playlist..like the full version it will get deleted after song was played,,my question was would i be able to import a disc from a walked in cust.to a playlist on a hoster liteThe assumption was made that the import would remain on your HD after the show. As long as you do delete it after your show you are OK. but you still have the issue of stopping your show for a minute or two while you import it in the first place (Hoster won't play and import into the database at the same time).
HosterLite was designed primarily for the at-home-user, and secondarily for the the KJ who want's to use his player for customer disks as well as backup for computer failure (and uses his own songbook software).

Sam

billyo
November 24th, 2006, 10:24 PM
just curious how it will get deleted when you use the import function like you say your going to do ?

FYI: i dont care what you do, its your business. im just giving you some info on copyright laws. :)

sorry wrong choice of words..i meant can i add a track from a walked in cust. disc to a playlist..in hoster lite..sorry about the confusion

goonie227
November 25th, 2006, 03:11 PM
sorry wrong choice of words..i meant can i add a track from a walked in cust. disc to a playlist..in hoster lite..sorry about the confusion
What we are trying to tell you is can't import singers disc on Hoster Lite

billyo
November 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM
What we are trying to tell you is can't import singers disc on Hoster Lite

oh ok..thanks thats all i needed to know..