PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Won't Import CDG's

JOHN NORRIS
November 21st, 2006, 12:50 PM
I Recently Upgraded To Hoster 3.312 & Microstudio 3.000, I Never Had A Problem Until The Upgrade. Hoster Won't Import New Songs (Manual Shows READ DISC Button For Import, But Screen Doesn't) I Have Downloaded Hoster 3.312 Three Times Now, Thinking That Would Help, But It Didn't (I Deleted The Old Versions As Instructed Also) It Works For For My Show, But I Need To Be Able To Import New Songs. Also In Microstudio 3000, Now I Can't Make Backup Copies Of My New Discs, I've Been Trying Since I Got The Upgrades And Am Not Getting Anywhere. Is There A Way To Go Back To My Old Versions Or Get These To Work Properly (I've Read Manuals And Can't Figure Out What To Do!) I Need The Features Mentioned. THX, I'm At My Wits End PLease Advise Me I Need Help!:? :e :f I Want To Be:) Not Sure If You Need Following Information But: Using Plextor PX-716A & Hoster Computer External 300 GB External Hard Drive That I Purchased From You Guys When I Got The Suite 4 Package, Any Advice Is Greatly Appreciated

ddouglass
November 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
I Recently Upgraded To Hoster 3.312 & Microstudio 3.000, I Never Had A Problem Until The Upgrade. Hoster Won't Import New Songs (Manual Shows READ DISC Button For Import, But Screen Doesn't) I Have Downloaded Hoster 3.312 Three Times Now, Thinking That Would Help, But It Didn't (I Deleted The Old Versions As Instructed Also) It Works For For My Show, But I Need To Be Able To Import New Songs.

Are you sure you are looking at the right manual? Hoster has never had a "READ DISC" button to my knowledge. It is best to use the manual from the Help Menu.
To Import from a CD you have to click on Import Tracks on top of main screen, then click on Import CD Tracks. This will open a separate window where you add the Brand Name, DiscID, BookID to appropriate blocks then click on Add Disc Tracks after they are added then you select all and Process Selected Tracks.

Also In Microstudio 3000, Now I Can't Make Backup Copies Of My New Discs, I've Been Trying Since I Got The Upgrades And Am Not Getting Anywhere.

What have you tried? We need more information to try and figure out the problem. Also, I would make this a separate post under Microstudio Help instead of trying to do that here. It would be less confusing for all.

Is There A Way To Go Back To My Old Versions Or Get These To Work Properly?

To go back to your previous versions you will need the installation file for that version. If you don't have it then there is no way to do so as MTU doesn't keep the old versions.

Beavis
November 21st, 2006, 03:08 PM
i think it did have a read disc button.

when i upgraded from 3.112 (i think) and my cdrom wouldnt import i was wondering where that button was as well.

JOHN NORRIS
November 21st, 2006, 03:50 PM
I Click On: Import Tracks From Main Screen, Click On: Import CD Tracks, Then I Have Filled In: Brand Name, Disc ID & Book ID (The Select All Button, Which I Incorrectly Referred To As The Read Disc Button In Previous Message & The Import Selected Tracks Button Aren't Active To Use) I Did Enter My Plextor Px-716A As Both: Default Read & Write Driver, What Am I Not Doing? Please Help:? Any Other Advice? I Have To Go To Work, I'll Read Reply Later (I Hope):g

mindonstrike
November 21st, 2006, 07:00 PM
I Click On: Import Tracks From Main Screen, Click On: Import CD Tracks, Then I Have Filled In: Brand Name, Disc ID & Book ID (The Select All Button, Which I Incorrectly Referred To As The Read Disc Button In Previous Message & The Import Selected Tracks Button Aren't Active To Use) I Did Enter My Plextor Px-716A As Both: Default Read & Write Driver, What Am I Not Doing? Please Help:? Any Other Advice? I Have To Go To Work, I'll Read Reply Later (I Hope):g

I didn't see on your list that you clicked the "Add tracks using FreeDB" or "Add tracks using database" also make sure there is a speed listed in the speed dropdown box (for lack of a better term), if there is no speed listed it would indicate your cd drive is not selected.

Sam

kilith
November 21st, 2006, 07:39 PM
The only time I had this problem was when I was using a poor DVD-ROM and then it would not show up in the list of CD-ROMs. I did a reboot and it fixed my problem.

JOHN NORRIS
November 25th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I CLICK ON: Import Tracks From The Main Screen, CLICK ON: Import CD Tracks, Then I Filled In:Brand Name, Disc ID & Book ID, Set Speed In Dropdown Box, I Didn't Press "Add Tracks Using FreeDB" (I Assume This Only Works From Internet So I Didn't Use It Because I'm Importing A Custom Ordered Sound Choice Disc That Wouldn't Be Listed) When I Press "Add Tracks Using Database" A Message Box Comes Up Saying "CD/DVD Drive Not Ready. Please Insert A Disc And Try Again". I Have My Plextor PX-716A Set As Both Read & Write Default Drivers & The "Select All Button" & The "Import Selected Tracks Button" Is Not Activated For Use. PLEASE HELP:e :? :f Im Running Into A Wall! (If You're Reading This For The First Time I Recently Upgraded To Hoster 3.312 And Never Had A Problem Until I Did So.) I'm Thankful This Thanksgiving That I Didn't Upgrade My Backup Laptop To The New Version, It Still Imports!

Beavis
November 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM
you can always go back to an older version that works.

did you try rolling back the cd-rom driver ? or restoring your computer to an earlier date ?

kilith
November 26th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I CLICK ON: Import Tracks From The Main Screen, CLICK ON: Import CD Tracks, Then I Filled In:Brand Name, Disc ID & Book ID, Set Speed In Dropdown Box, I Didn't Press "Add Tracks Using FreeDB" (I Assume This Only Works From Internet So I Didn't Use It Because I'm Importing A Custom Ordered Sound Choice Disc That Wouldn't Be Listed) When I Press "Add Tracks Using Database" A Message Box Comes Up Saying "CD/DVD Drive Not Ready. Please Insert A Disc And Try Again". I Have My Plextor PX-716A Set As Both Read & Write Default Drivers & The "Select All Button" & The "Import Selected Tracks Button" Is Not Activated For Use. PLEASE HELP:e :? :f Im Running Into A Wall! (If You're Reading This For The First Time I Recently Upgraded To Hoster 3.312 And Never Had A Problem Until I Did So.) I'm Thankful This Thanksgiving That I Didn't Upgrade My Backup Laptop To The New Version, It Still Imports!

Your problem is that your CD-ROM is not seeing your CD. It will happen with burned CD's in the way they are closed. Thye might work in a karaoke system but computer CD-ROMs can be a bit more picky. Also to the wonder I have seen places where you can get custom CD's made... Is that even legal? Do the people that make them have the written permission from Sound Choice or any of the other companies out there?

bobcox- with the Lord
November 26th, 2006, 02:59 AM
the custom CDGs from soundchioce have a strange media-cloq on them they will not import into hoster or microstudio. Bob

JOHN NORRIS
November 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM
The Custom Disc I Referred To Was From Sound Choice And Also It Did Import Into My Backup Laptop With The Old Version Of Hoster. I've Ordered A Few From Them With Songs To Replace Some From Their Media Cloq Discs (I Wish I Never Bought/ But That Was Pre-Computer For Me) Anyway I Don' Think That Is The Problem Since It Did Import Into My Backup System. When I Look In My Computer (From Start) It Recognizes My Plextor Also, So Anybody Got Any Other Ideas. I Ordered The Hard Discs Of All Of The Versions Of Hoster And Microstudio, Are These All I Need To Go Back To A Previous Version? :? Any Advice Is Appreciated, Thanks In Advance :g Also Is It True That Sound Choice Will Replace These Media Cloq Discs With Ones That Don't Have The Cloq On Them, I Heard This Somewhere (Anybody Have Any Experience With That?)

bobcox- with the Lord
November 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
yes they will, i think it was $ 5.00 each but call them first to see if they have uncloqed versions of that disc. i did it about two yrs ago and out of 12 disc they only had like 7 uncloqed versions.
go into search and type in mediacloq and you will find tips on copying them.

JOHN NORRIS
November 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Is It Possible To Go Back To The Previous Version Of Hoster. I Installed The New Hoster V3.312 & The New Microstudio V3.000 And Neither Works For Me And No One Seems To Be Able To Help, Can I Delete These From My Laptop And Re-Install Hoster V3.300 & Microstudio V2.612. I Have The Hard Discs I Originally Got With My Order. I Give Up! Can I Do This?:? And How Do I Go About Re-Installing Old Versions? Is Anyone Able To Help?:f

ddouglass
November 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Is It Possible To Go Back To The Previous Version Of Hoster. I Installed The New Hoster V3.312 & The New Microstudio V3.000 And Neither Works For Me And No One Seems To Be Able To Help, Can I Delete These From My Laptop And Re-Install Hoster V3.300 & Microstudio V2.612. I Have The Hard Discs I Originally Got With My Order. I Give Up! Can I Do This?:? And How Do I Go About Re-Installing Old Versions? Is Anyone Able To Help?:f

Yes John, you can go back to the old versions, by running the setup files for those older versions and "remove" instead of updating. Then run the setup again to install them.
I think you are giving up too quickly and not giving us a chance to help you, but that is just my opinion. I know these programs are good and will work if you give MTU and your fellow KJs a chance.
If your back up laptop still has the older versions on it, then you can use it to import with and copy the KMA files to your primary until the problem can be solved. I have a feeling that it is a simple fix and not complicated at all. The stumbling block is us trying to understand exactly what you are trying to convey to us.

One thing I have noticed that no one has mentioned for some reason in this thread is the other updates that you may need. They are all Windows updates. And the Firmware update from Plextor for the PX-716A drive. (Should be version 1.10 I believe). These both are imparative to get both programs to work as their coding is written for current systems. Please try this before you give up totally.

JOHN NORRIS
December 2nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks For The Info On The Windows Update For My Plextor, I'll Give It A Try (this is the first i've heard of this) I Hope This Does It. November Wasn't My Month, Besides All This, My Primary Laptop Went In For Warranty Problems And I missed The Upgrades With Deadline Of Nov. 30, Ive Never Been This Frustrated!:e Thx Again, I'll Give It A Shot:s (That Is When I Get My Laptop Back!)

kilith
December 2nd, 2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks For The Info On The Windows Update For My Plextor, I'll Give It A Try (this is the first i've heard of this) I Hope This Does It. November Wasn't My Month, Besides All This, My Primary Laptop Went In For Warranty Problems And I missed The Upgrades With Deadline Of Nov. 30, Ive Never Been This Frustrated!:e Thx Again, I'll Give It A Shot:s (That Is When I Get My Laptop Back!)

It is something you should do weekly anyways. Always goto start menu -> and click on windows updates. This way you can check if there are any new hardware or other updates that windows is releasing. I even have a 40 dollar liteon dvd-burner and it works perfect with hoster with no glitches in the KMA files.

Beavis
December 3rd, 2006, 07:00 AM
It is something you should do weekly anyways. Always goto start menu -> and click on windows updates. This way you can check if there are any new hardware or other updates that windows is releasing. I even have a 40 dollar liteon dvd-burner and it works perfect with hoster with no glitches in the KMA files.

i personally dont ever use the hardware updates from microsoft unless its for a microsoft product.

ddouglass
December 3rd, 2006, 09:41 PM

Actually I was not implying to get the Firmware update from Microsoft (they don't get those from Plextor anyway). You need to go to Plextor's website and get the Firmware updates.