PDA

View Full Version : "Support Center": Is ist real? - Yes, and sometimes require upgrading

orerockon
November 16th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I submitted a "ticket" as suggested all over these forums since the attempted installation of the newest version of Vogone not only will not run due to some strange "removable storage drive" error message, but also destroyed the old version, which will not even install now. Apparently others have also had this problem with your software. So, after 36 hours of waiting, I see that my "ticket" has still not been read by your "support staff" (assuming they exist and are not just secretaries copying and pasting canned responses). If you call this adequate "customer support" for an _expensive_ piece of software, I call that a laughable joke (biting my tongue here). Expecting me to pay another $20 to get (phone) support in less than 36 hours on top of the $99 I already paid for a (so far) non-functioning piece of software is another, even more cruel joke. Even the Evil Microsoft allows 2 free phone support incidents for all of its products. You should at least support users through getting the software up and running as part of the $99 purchase price. Get a clue MTU...

MTUSUPPORT
November 16th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I have found your ticket and answered it. I have been having some family issues, and in and out of the office. It is now answered.

I and ADMIN are the only ones that answer the Support tickets.

George
November 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
.....So, after 36 hours of waiting, I see that my "ticket" has still not been read by your "support staff" (assuming they exist and are not just secretaries copying and pasting canned responses).

Bryan, You've got nothing to apologize for...

Grab this...I just emailed Plextor and told them that some kind of an answer would be appreciated regarding an email I sent to their support on 10/31 @3:30 P.M. concerning a problem with one of their burners.

Seems like that figures out to somewhere like 363 hours and counting :e

George

ddouglass
November 17th, 2006, 12:55 AM
And they have more than one Support person George!

admin
November 18th, 2006, 09:55 AM
In Orerockon's defense, our KnowledgeBase articles were not as clear as they could have been. As a result of this complaint, I have edited the articles to make them easier to understand when you experience the problems he did.

I thank Orerockon for replying and continuing to point out what was wrong.

Our KnowlegeBase is new. Getting the 74 articles entered... AND updated to our current technology... is an on-going task. Whem someone reports having difficulty, I usually look at our articles to see if they need updating. They did in this case. :w