PDA

View Full Version : Problem with videos on auto play?

bryant
November 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else or maybe if there is a windows/graphics setting i need to change to avoid the following problem?

When have several videos in line to play and play them in auto play, I have noticed that several times a video will stop with one second left and NOT PROCEED to the next video automatically, as expected. I have to manually stop the song and place the cursor on the next one and star it.

can anyone even create this or may it be the specific computer I have that causes this?

ddouglass
November 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM
This sounds like memory problem. Not that it is bad but that you are running out by doing several videos in a row on auto. There is no time for memory to clear between videos.
This could be key to your other problem too.

gduns - with the Lord
November 13th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I use hoster for video as well, but havent had this problem. it may be in the way you rip them...... it this possibly the answer?

I am using .avi format video's. and for karaoke vcd/s I use the native .dat

bryant
November 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I use the mpg format, can this be the problem, gduns.

Also, on another note, I will be getting a shuttle antecx aria> I think it was you thatmentioned you used one. Can you list the specs on yours(or perhaps it is on your messages now that I can't see). And can I list for you my planned specs before I purchhase for your perusal and any recommendations. I also use VDJ, but rarely at the same time, too tricky?

bryant
November 13th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I use hoster for video as well, but havent had this problem. it may be in the way you rip them...... it this possibly the answer?

I am using .avi format video's. and for karaoke vcd/s I use the native .dat

Oh, also, I got a 40 gByte internal HD, how much would you expect is necessary free space?

gduns - with the Lord
November 13th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Well, I have 2 systems, i1 is listed in my signature, and one is a hp zd8000 laptop. B0th do video and karaoke as well. on the laptop, I have an 80gig hard drive, and 2 gig ram with an external 500 gig hard drive.

I tried ripping to different video formats, and .avi was the smallest, and the best quality.

bryant
November 14th, 2006, 07:39 AM
You mention memory problem, are you saying HD free space or ram memory?

gduns - with the Lord
November 14th, 2006, 07:50 AM
2 gig ram

bryant
November 14th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Are you saying that with 2Gig ram, I should not be having these problems? Or is it that I need more internal HD free space available?

My Dell is 512 mB, is that WAY TOO low for hoster?

gduns - with the Lord
November 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I put the 2 gigs in it because I was having video hickups. The internal hard drive size doesnt matter to me as I only have the OS and the programs on it.

admin
November 14th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Are you saying that with 2Gig ram, I should not be having these problems? Or is it that I need more internal HD free space available?

My Dell is 512 mB, is that WAY TOO low for hoster?
Hoster doesn't require much system RAM (not HDD) to run. Basically, 512MB should be sufficient for most everything. It really sounds like you have something wrong to be experiencing this and the video stopping while searching (dclark asked how many songs you have in your database to help diagnose your problem). This does appear to be a system rellated problem, not a Hoster software problem.

If gduns is running 2GB and doing video shows, I'd seriously consider adding at least up to 1GB.

bryant
November 14th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I see, thanx. I have learned that when doing anything else with videos seems to be very taxing on a system.
The video stopping on autorun happens with nothing else running and the seach function problem happens a lot too with nothing else running, however.

I think I'm gonna go up to 1 gbyte ram if the laptop takes it.