PDA

View Full Version : Songbook

RWGRAH
November 11th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I have just purchased a case to store my CDG's in that pops them up by disk number.

Is there a way to create a songbook by book ID number and not artist or title?

admin
November 11th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Yep! :w

Read the Hoster manual SongBook section, and pay attention to BookID.

admin
November 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I moved this to Hoster Help where it belongs so others will see it and help you also.

kilith
November 21st, 2006, 04:58 PM
Ok I have been trying to read about this in the manual and almost anywhere else. How in the world do you make the book open up in Excel and actually use the fields the right way?

I just get a jumble of everything in A1 and does not format to look like a book. Thing is I love the format of listing by artist in Word format. I think listing by song is messy and unreadable in word and having by song title in excel would be more easy to read.

Any help would be nice if anyone has figured this out.

Jacqui
November 21st, 2006, 06:20 PM
In Hoster Build song database, when complete goto the folder where your
database is stored.
"C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases"
double click on your database file "SONGS.MDB and the file should open
in Microsoft Access click on OPEN and you should be able to see your file.

Do not edit the file at this time
Click on File and then click on save As/Export and the click "OK"
Click the down arrow "Save As Type" I use "Microsoft Excel 97 (*.xls)
Or whatevev Excel you use.
On the right side of the window check "Save Formatted"
then click "Export"

Now load your SONGS.xls with Excel and setup your songbook whetever
way you want.

Pres

kilith
November 21st, 2006, 07:35 PM
Thank you. Saves a TON of work! Only thing I do not understand is then why do they offer under create book to use Excel if the program will not create an Excel spread sheet?

Beavis
November 21st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Thank you. Saves a TON of work! Only thing I do not understand is then why do they offer under create book to use Excel if the program will not create an Excel spread sheet?

trust me when you convert to there format of using the book id you will never look back.

i use to use excell and when i made the switch, i said to myself, "SELF" what were you thinking
:g :g :g :g :g

kilith
November 21st, 2006, 09:11 PM
trust me when you convert to there format of using the book id you will never look back.

i use to use excell and when i made the switch, i said to myself, "SELF" what were you thinking
:g :g :g :g :g

Well like I said before I LOVE the way the book looks in Artist format in Word. However it is very hard to read I think in Word format while in Song format. So I am going to stick with Excel for sorted by Song Title. Gotta keep things easy to read and I am only 30 and have good eyesight and I think sorted by song title in word looks bad. Also with the formating longer titles wrap and I do not like that. I think everything should stay on one line for a professional look to where with Artist I Love having it with the Artist listed once and then all the songs they sing under their name.

Beavis
November 21st, 2006, 10:00 PM
thats cool. :)

ddouglass
November 22nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
Well like I said before I LOVE the way the book looks in Artist format in Word. However it is very hard to read I think in Word format while in Song format. So I am going to stick with Excel for sorted by Song Title. Gotta keep things easy to read and I am only 30 and have good eyesight and I think sorted by song title in word looks bad. Also with the formating longer titles wrap and I do not like that. I think everything should stay on one line for a professional look to where with Artist I Love having it with the Artist listed once and then all the songs they sing under their name.
Are you planning on printing that for your customers?:e How about us older folks whose eyesight isn't so good?
Even with the sort by Artist don't the longer song titles wrap?
Besides in Word as well as Excel you can change the column widths, font size and even make the column borders visible. And if you really prefer to work in Excel you can bring it into Word then export to Excel. It will then fill in the cells as it should.:g