PDA

View Full Version : audio & graphics not synching

scooby
October 4th, 2001, 08:02 PM
ruh roh
purchased plex pxw1610a & microstudio2.312. after 1-2 min's of play time audio glitches & graphics fall out of sync.setup is pentium1.5ghz 60gig hard 32nvidia 128 ram.
when i received the full program, i got no instructions on changing virtual memory settings like the demo program. could this have an effect? I have tried every available speed & this doesn't help, jitter control also makes no difference. these glitch when playing off the hard drive as well as off the recordings.
any help would be appreciated.
scooby

MTUSUPPORT
October 5th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Did you purchase this drive from us? If not, it may have a flaw that prevents it from properly reading and writing the CDG discs.

1. Make sure to update your drivers for your NVIDIA 32mb Video card.

2. Make sure that you have DirectX 8.0 installed. You can read about how to check the version you are running, and how to upgrade it at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=772

3. [Added 11/04/01 for completeness] Make sure your Windows display driver is either 16-bit color, but NOT 24-bit or 32-bit color. The 24 and 32-bit operations can cause the sweep to be out of sync in Karaoke Home Producer.

scooby
October 5th, 2001, 04:15 PM
thanx for the prompt reply,
my directx is 8.0 my aspi's were updated per your instruction & yes i purchased the unit from you guys. dave d. possibly. i will check for updates for my nvidia, although my computer is only a month old.
once again, thanks for the reply
Scooby

kstaples
October 29th, 2001, 12:47 PM
When I first got the upgrade, I had to uninstall and reinstall it a couple of times before this problem disappeared. I also have noticed that, in order to use the program without getting hitches, stops and starts, I have to use the task manager and kill every other living program.

George
October 29th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Believe also that color needs to be set at 16 bit high color to avoid sweep problems.

Take care,

George

MTUSUPPORT
October 30th, 2001, 11:17 AM
George,
I always forget that piece, but that can cause the sweep to be way out of sync if you have your colors set to 24 or 32 bit. This will only cause a problem in Karaoke Home Producer. If this is where your sweep problem is, then this could be the problem.

Check this later post also: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=876