PDA

View Full Version : Hoster in Apple environment

bryant
October 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM
I understand that Hoster is specifixcally set up to work only in the Windows environment, is that correct.

I also understand that there is a piece of software that is installed in Apple computers that allows dual usage of any program committed for Windows. I believe it allows the Apple to switch to either environment. I think it is called "leopard", but am not sure.

My g/f is convinced that Hoster should work in that Apple computer with that extra software. She wants to buy an Apple laptop as backup, use Virtual DJ and Hoster on it.
Can someone from Admin verify this or not for me.

quaizywabbit
October 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
isn't that what the demo is for?

George
October 29th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Panther is designed to allow running the Mac operating system on a pcbased unit. Haven't read anything regarding being able to run Windows based software with such a set up.

Almost sounde like a means to use Apple software on a pc based unit, but as I said have rean nothing regarding the reverse.

Be interesting to see MTU's take on it.

bryant
October 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I guess nobody has attempted to answer the question I asked.
can Hoster be used on an Apple,
or can it at least be used on an Apple that allows the use of microsoft -based programs?

maybe Admin can help ne here?

George
October 29th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I guess nobody has attempted to answer the question I asked.

Passed on what info I could find available on the subject, in short that Panther appears designed to allow running Mac on a pc based unit.

Sorry I bothered to take the time to do a search that you could very well do.

I'll know better in the future:e

Beavis
October 29th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Ouch!

bryant
October 30th, 2006, 12:57 PM
oops!
What I meant was "Not how to run mac on a PC based computer, but how to run PC-based stuff (such as Hoster) on a mac?

Beavis, can Hoster run on an Apple, Mac environment (with or without the conversion programs)?

Does anyone know?

ddouglass
October 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM
http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec101004.html talks about a program called Virtual PC that will run a virtual PC in a window on a Mac. I don't think anyone has ever tried, probably because it is expensive to setup ($250 for the program with a copy of XP which is necessary):g

George
October 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Original post deleted by George...

None of my business why somebody wants to buy a Mac and try to convert it to run two Windows based programs anyway, so I won't ask.

lmcmains
October 30th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Apple (Mac computers) have been running an add on TV saying the new Mac will run Windows software now. Looks like you have to install Windows on the MAC too.
Here is the web page
http://www.apple.com/getamac/windows.html:e

DJGeorge
May 4th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Original post deleted by George...

None of my business why somebody wants to buy a Mac and try to convert it to run two Windows based programs anyway, so I won't ask.

I am considering MAC OS also. Why .. because I dont want Vista.

From the thread it appears that no one has tried Hoster on the emulator..

The Other george :)