PDA

View Full Version : confused

chasintx
October 28th, 2006, 11:19 AM
ok i'm very new to this i think this program has alot of potential. this is my dilema I started out loading my files from the hard drive i ran into several error when i tried to load mp3+g i ran in to several error that said the cdg has to be in the same directory. Clearly i can see both files there in the same directory. so i took another approach this was to load my files up from a bin file this seem to work fine but now when i do a search i see cdg when i go to play it its blank no video no music. how do i get rid of the cdgs that are empty ? also is there a way to get my search working better right now i dont know what i have and what i dont have so im relying on mp3g that i have in one folder.:e

admin
October 30th, 2006, 08:12 AM
:? Is this about Hoster, but posted in the KHPro 4 Hep Forum?

Nothing in your post makes sense about KHPro. :?

chasintx
October 31st, 2006, 07:29 AM
ok i must have in haled too much iraqi dust. here is my problem and i hope it makes sense. i got khpro 3.11 or something like that. i havea external hard drive which i have about 50 karaoke songs on. Are you with me sofar? the frist thing i did was select import from hard drive then i chose
cdg well it copied every thing i had except two files. 2 problems there when i created the book and went to play it to test if it works i got 9 to 15 seconds of garbadge no music no video. are you with me so far?(both mp3g and the cdg are in the same directory or better yet the same path)

Ok now i go to reimport this time i choose mp3g again i ws able to get most of the songs but i ran into this error cdg and mp3g must be in the same directory . so now i have duplicates in my list and i have cdg's that play garbade i like to get rid of the cdgs as i can find my songs with mp3g . I truly hope you can understand i dont have a lot of songs but i do expect to get bundle but before i do anything else i need to understand the best way to import right now the only importing i see that gives you no problem is to import files from the cd or from bin .help me delete the bad files and get my search working properly:r

admin
October 31st, 2006, 09:45 AM
First, it is clear you have Hoster, not KHPro. The first thing to get help is tell us what product and the full version number you have. Without that,we can't help other than ask you for it again.

ok i must have in haled too much iraqi dust. here is my problem and i hope it makes sense. i got khpro 3.11 or something like that. i havea external hard drive which i have about 50 karaoke songs on. Are you with me sofar?

I'm trying, but too many facts are missing. You say you have 50 "karake songs". What are they? MP3G? ZIP? Or were they imported from Karaoke CDG discs as KMA files using the "Import CD Tracks" screen?

the frist thing i did was select import from hard drive then i chose cdg well it copied every thing i had except two files. 2 problems there when i created the book and went to play it to test if it works i got 9 to 15 seconds of garbadge no music no video. are you with me so far?(both mp3g and the cdg are in the same directory or better yet the same path)

In the "Import Hard Drive Files" screen, the CDG button is for using files that were imported from a Karaoke Disc using MTU's Microstudio software. I don't think you have that, or at least you haven't mentioned it. Thus, I don't believe you really have CDG files that contain audio+lyrics.

If you have MP3G files, these really are "pairs" of .mp3 (the audio) and .cdg (the lyrics) files. To import these with the "Import Hard Drive Files" screen, as the manual points out, they must be the identical name (exact same... no spaces, commas, hyphens, etc. different) and must be in the same folder for Hoster to assume they are "paired". If they are not the same name, then Hoster won't find but one of them. Then, you would see the error message you report about "the CDG being in the same folder as the MP3" (not MP3G).

If I am correct so far, you should use the MP3G button in the "Import Hard Drive Files" screen. You really must read the manual to understand what to do as there is a lot of flexibility and you can't just "pick it up" without reading the manual on "Import Hard Drive Files" screen.

Ok now i go to reimport this time i choose mp3g again i ws able to get most of the songs but i ran into this error cdg and mp3g must be in the same directory . so now i have duplicates in my list and i have cdg's that play garbade i like to get rid of the cdgs as i can find my songs with mp3g . I truly hope you can understand i dont have a lot of songs but i do expect to get bundle but before i do anything else i need to understand the best way to import right now the only importing i see that gives you no problem is to import files from the cd or from bin. help me delete the bad files and get my search working properly:r
If you import CDG files using the CDG button, the all you get in these CDG files (assuming you only have MP3G files = .MP3 + .CDG files) is the lyrics. Yes, they would play as garbage as there is no audio in them.

Whatever you have done so far with "importing" into Hoster is wrong.

1. Run Hoster, click the Help menu at the top, click Read manual.

2. Read the Manual on "Import Hard Drive Files".

3. Read the Manual on "deleting files" in the Tools menu "Edit Songs" command. Delete your imported songs as they are wrong.

DO NOT delete your original MP3G (paired .mp3 + .cdg) files. These will not appear in the Edit Songs list. To see all IMPORTED files in Edit Songs, enter an * in the Search For: field, click on the BookID, Title and Artist buttons below, and click the Search button. You will see everything you have imported. Delete them all. Using the Select Multiple button will allow you to select more than one at at time (Press and hold the Shift key or Ctrl key while clicking the songs - again, read the manual on selecting).

If you need more help, post back here with your facts and questions. We will help when we understand. Please use the button, screen, field, etc. correct names so we know what you are talking about. If you assign your "own names" to things, we have no clue. Use our names and we are both on the same page.

Thanks for being in Iraq and fighting or working for American Freedom. God Bless!