PDA

View Full Version : I'm New, Help

RanMan
October 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I rather new to the karaoke thing and need advice. Not sure if this question should be posted on this forum but here goes. I'm using Hoster Lite as my karaoke software. I wanted to try a find a few songs that I'm missing on Win MX. What type of file should I be looking for? Will it be able to play as so as the download it complete or do I need to convert it so something different? Appreciate any input.

ddouglass
October 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hoster will take several different types. You can import directly from a CDG disc, import from hard drive .bin, zipped mp3g (combined a cdg and mp3 file). It will not take files in CAVS SCDG format without using a conversion program first.

When the files import into Hoster they are compressed and converted to .kma file which is greatly reduced to allow more songs on the hard drive. Most locations for downloading these songs are running illegally as in they don't have licenses to sell these, so be very careful where you download from. The CAVS downloads, even though they say that the files are cdg don't work well with Hoster. Your best bet is to purchase legitimate CDs from the companies licensed to produce the music.

RanMan
October 21st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks Dale, appreciate you help. I am getting discs from Sound Choice. I'm only looking to download that off the wall track every now & then.

mindonstrike
October 25th, 2006, 04:49 AM
The only places I'm familiar with for mp3+g downloads is CAVSUSA dot com. They mostly have THM brand available (low on my list of favs), They also have some CB and some generic CAVS brand which I'm unfamiliar with. I used to buy some of the must-have-right-away songs from them but had problems with lyrics being out of sync with the music requireing me to add or subtract a little silence from the mp3 to get them to line up. I think thay are about $2us.

You can also get them from ZOOM at Karaoke.cc (Good quality in my opinion). I've never bought any of their downloads (yet) so I can't speak to any possible pitfalls. If I'm doing my currency conversion thing right they are about $3.28us. IMO Zoom is a better brand than THM and the really nice thing about Zoom is their downloads are at 192kbs compared to CAVS's 128kbs. If I were doing mp3g I would go 192 minimum. Of course using Hoster to rip from disk using WMA audio is better quality still:g

Sam