PDA

View Full Version : I had to scrub my hard drive on my pc now I can't reinstall Hoster.

JDTHEKJ
October 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
:? Does anyone know how to reinstall Hoster back onto their computer?

I had a virus/spyware problem on my laptop pc so I formatted my hard drive.

When I tried to reinstall my Hoster program onto the same computer that I had originally installed Hoster on... an error message came up stating that I had already installed Hoster on two computers.

I have contacted the support team with the same info and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Has this ever happened to anyone where they have tried to reinstall Hoster back onto their original computer but couldn't? Thanks JD :g

Beavis
October 21st, 2006, 06:49 AM
if your usung the latest version you wouldnt have that problem. i had to reinstall 2 times last night right before the show and had no problems. i was connected to the internet when i did it.

mindonstrike
October 21st, 2006, 07:09 AM
if your usung the latest version you wouldnt have that problem. i had to reinstall 2 times last night right before the show and had no problems. i was connected to the internet when i did it.
Reinstalling Windows AND Hoster is far different from just reinstalling Hoster. (Unless of course you reformatted your computer twice last night - I'll then stand corrected)

I'm not sure what the current security status is on this question but I do know that in the past at least it was a given that Hoster would look at a reformatted computer as being a different one, requireing MTU help in resetting it.

Sam

billyo
October 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
i had my hardrive reformat about 2 weeks ago and i reinstalled hoster with no problem..

ddouglass
October 21st, 2006, 02:35 PM
You are allowed to install Hoster on two computers one for show and a backup. If you have only installed it once then when you reformat and reinstall Hoster then it will allow it for your second machine. But next time you do so Billyo it will probably prevent the install.:g

JDTHEKJ, did you use the Support Center and open a ticket for this or did you send an email? Support Center Ticket is faster as they sometimes miss our emails among all the spam they get. It may take them a couple days to get your account reset since they don't work on weekends.

admin
October 21st, 2006, 04:42 PM
If you change your hard drive AND install Windows at the same time, you will need to contact MTU for help.

If you submitted a Support Ticket in the Support Center, it will be reset first thing Monday AM.

For the future to possibly overcome this, remove your Internet connection while you are trying to register. This will force using a USB memory stick (or Floppy if you want, but USB is easier/portable/safe). Take this memory stick to another computer, or even put this same computer on line and use it, and register using the memory stick. Once it is registered, this memory stick can install THE SAME VERSION on the same computer multiple times, at any time, without requiring Internet connection. It is designed to overcome the rare situation where you must reinstall at a show and don't have Internet connection.

billyo
October 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
You are allowed to install Hoster on two computers one for show and a backup. If you have only installed it once then when you reformat and reinstall Hoster then it will allow it for your second machine. But next time you do so Billyo it will probably prevent the install.:g

JDTHEKJ, did you use the Support Center and open a ticket for this or did you send an email? Support Center Ticket is faster as they sometimes miss our emails among all the spam they get. It may take them a couple days to get your account reset since they don't work on weekends.

i only have 2 laptops one for back-up ( which i bought a month ago) and the other is what i used regularly and about 2 weeks ago my regular laptop for some reason wont open any programs i keep getting a msg. of " sorry for the inconvinience but windows did not open properly " and when i did a reboot on safe mode when it eventually opened i got a bunched of diff. drive letters..so i opened up hoster and when i searched for a song "no song matched "
opened up all the diff. drive letters songs were gone...and all kinds of msgs.. came up and all had a question " would you like to reformat this drive "..with out thinking i clicked ok...but anyway i ended up using my back-up ..i hope mtu wont think that i have 3 hoster programs..by the way when my laptop crashed i still had the 3.310 version.when i re-installed hoster the ugrade box was marked. is that maybe the reason why they let me re-installed?..

Beavis
October 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM
Reinstalling Windows AND Hoster is far different from just reinstalling Hoster. (Unless of course you reformatted your computer twice last night - I'll then stand corrected)

I'm not sure what the current security status is on this question but I do know that in the past at least it was a given that Hoster would look at a reformatted computer as being a different one, requireing MTU help in resetting it.

Sam

guess i was right :g