PDA

View Full Version : Deleting The BookID from the Song Books

rsmith49er
October 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Is there a way for me to remove the BookID category from my songbook, without removing them one at a time? I am creating a songbook and have no need for this category.

Beavis
October 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM
i know your probably set in your ways when it comes to the songbook, i was until i bit the bullet and went MTU's way. it is the best way to go !! when all you have to do is plug in one number to retreive a song and all the people have to do is put down one number on the slip......need a say more ???

admin
October 13th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Well said Bevis.

The BookID was "demanded" by our users a long time ago. It has cost us tens of thousands of dollars to create it, insure it is always unique, and upgrade it over the past 6 years.

BookID is the primary index key in the Database and yes, as you have discovered, it cannot be removed from the Song Book. Follow Beavis' advice and your singers will love it.

When they give you the BookID, all you need to do to add it in Hoster is click the BookID Button in the Add Tracks group, and type in this 6 digit number along with their name any any keychange, and click the Add Track button. If you type even moderately well, you can enter a song this way in about 10-15 seconds.

bryant
October 14th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I agrre, and as usual, with Beavis.

rsmith49er
October 14th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the help guys

Jamie Simpson
January 26th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring up an old thread... any help would be appreciated.

I would also lile a way to NOT include Song ID in my new song books for singers.

It's one more thing I need to tweek when creating the books in MS Publisher..and to be honest... I don't even use the ID.. I search by song or title

Hoster is that good!!!

Am I S.O.L ?

I think I already know the answer but thought I would ask :)

Thanks

Jamie
Houserockers DJ

admin
January 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
So you want a check box to disable the BookID in the output Songbook RTF file? :?

Jamie Simpson
January 26th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Admin,

After looking at the Song Book page.

Why can't the BookID be in one of the drop down boxes that are unused above it? It looks like there are 6 that are unused and just not make it a "must have" when creating a song book.

The delima when creating a songbook with Hoster and then putting it in a program like Word or Publisher is that you have to go in a manually tab the BookID on each page for every column.

My pages are two column and I have 76 pages. That's alot of tabbing to do :)

I understand the need for the BookID for the program, but I am curious how many people use it for their shows. I haven't since started using hoster.

Thanks for listening!!!

Beavis
January 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM
I understand the need for the BookID for the program, but I am curious how many people use it for their shows. I haven't since started using hoster.

Thanks for listening!!!

i use to think the same until i changed to book id. i will never switch back :g

i think maybe MTU could add a export feature with different formats ???

admin
January 30th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Why can't the BookID be in one of the drop down boxes that are unused above it? It looks like there are 6 that are unused and just not make it a "must have" when creating a song book.
If you look at those drop down boxes, they are all interlinked; until a selection is made from NONE, the next one doesn't appear.

However, BOOKID MUST always be at the end, with "...................." before it. This is HARD CODED.

I just talked to our lead programmer about this, and with a cursory look at the code he feels he can keep the BookID field where it is, and as a "separate" entity, but make it a drop down box with BookID/NONE selections. With NONE, we may also need to conditionally modify the RTF header code to not add the ".................." after the last text field. We'll look at this as "conditionals" are tricky and bug prone. If it looks OK as a "delimiter" at the end of every line, we'll just remove the BookID and leave the dotted line. :w

This will be addressed in Hoster 4.0, along with other SongBook upgrades. :c