PDA

View Full Version : drive will read,but wont import

billyo
October 12th, 2006, 07:40 AM
i've looked for threads on this subject, found a few but cant find any answers,..my friend has the same laptop as mine, mine works but hers doesnt..we tried to import some songs last night on her laptop the drive will read the tracts and it shows "read "..but when we clicked on import it shows "record " and hangs... got all the updates except for 2 .netframe sec. updates

admin
October 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM
We need more facts to diagnose what is the difference. I would first suspect your friend's laptop has a different drive than yours. This is not unusual, especially if you purchased a week or more after/before she did.

I didn't understand what you typed about .net framework (sorta encrypted). If you followed our directions, it should work. .NET is required for our installation program to even function so I don't think that is the problem.

Be sure you have the latest firmware updates to her drive. This often fixes a problem.

Be sure all Windows Updates have been done.

What version of Hoster are both of you using?

billyo
October 13th, 2006, 07:45 AM
[quote=admin]We need more facts to diagnose what is the difference. I would first suspect your friend's laptop has a different drive than yours. This is not unusual, especially if you purchased a week or more after/before she did.

I didn't understand what you typed about .net framework (sorta encrypted). If you followed our directions, it should work. .NET is required for our installation program to even function so I don't think that is the problem.

Be sure you have the latest firmware updates to her drive. This often fixes a problem.

Be sure all Windows Updates have been done.

What version of Hoster are both of you using
you are right she has a diff. drive and its not on your list of supported drivers..but anyway we both have the same hoster programs 3.311 all windows updates are updated.just got one question can she buy a driver to replaced the one she has in it?..thanks..

ddouglass
October 13th, 2006, 08:50 AM
you are right she has a diff. drive and its not on your list of supported drivers..but anyway we both have the same hoster programs 3.311 all windows updates are updated.just got one question can she buy a driver to replaced the one she has in it?..thanks..

I hope you mean a different drive and yes she can. MTU in fact does sell a laptop drive that is on the list of compatable drives.