PDA

View Full Version : 3.311 Upgrade Problem

LarryGH
October 9th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I recently installed the 3.311 upgrade. After the upgrade I did a show and entered two songs fron a singers disk into the line up. While he was singing the first song, I hit the search button to find a song for a different singer. That action instantly stopped the song that was playing and changer the status of the song to played. At the same time it changed the status of his second song that was on skip status in the line up to played. This happened again later in the evening, so I am back using my JVC karaoke player to play singers disks.

NOTE! I WAS NOT HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH 3.310 SHOULD I DELETE 3.311 AND GO BACK TO 3.310 ?

mindonstrike
October 11th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I've tried recreating your situation and cannot get the computer to act the way it did for you.

Has it done this everytime since upgrading or just occasionally?
Have you tried it since rebooting? (sometimes rebooting will correct some of those oddball things computers do once in awhile)

It's not necesary to delete 3.311 before reinstaling 3.310, just make sure the upgrade or repair radio button is selected
but I would set up at home and try to get it to do it again first just so you'll know it wasn't one of those one time things.

Sam

LarryGH
October 11th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Good suggestion. Guess im just lazy and tired of chasing these kind of problems with the Hoster program. It's easier to fall back on the old tride and true methods. I still use the Hoster program but always take my JVC with as backup when Hoster fails. It works problem free using Hoster as the main and the jvc player for singers disks. I use a A-B switch from radio shack for the TV monitor, and play Hoster through 0ne channel and the JVC through another on the mixing board. It is simlpe to switch back and forth but, a nusance having several of their discs laying around.

As you suggested, i'll try it again at home but even if it dosen't happen again at home, I,m not sure I want to chance 3.311 again on the job. It was nice playing singers discs with 3.310 without problems.

Thanks LarryGH

admin
October 11th, 2006, 10:54 AM
We haven't heard your particular problem before. There was a problem in 3.310 and 3.311 with the lyrics of the playing song stopping while a singer's disc track was importing. We have moved importing the singer's track to a separate thread, no longer in the "main" thread executing in the code.

We will be beta testing 3.312 starting today. Its not ready for general use yet (first Beta release), but it may be next week if all goes well.

It was mentioned to try this again after rebooting your computer. Actually, rebooting is required after installing 3.311. I thought we have a message at the last install panel that you MUST reboot. The CD/DVD drive control code won't fire off correctly until you reboot.

if you can duplicate the problem and post it here, then we can find and fix it... if it is a bug.

However, I'd estimate that 90% of the time, problems are related to Windows needing to be reinstalled, or a bad Hoster installation fixed by reinstalling Hoster.

LarryGH
October 16th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry I made a big mistake. The 3.311 program is Ok. I previously stated that I had the problem. That was wrong, I was Hosting the show but my wife was at the computer when it happened. At that time she said she was just doing a search. Further questioning her revealed that she hit the red X in the upper right hand corner of the screen. That closed the program and she had reopened it by the time I got to her and the computer.

Just a sugestion but that kind of problem would be avoided if the red X in the upper right corner of the screen were dissabled while a song is playing. Also the new red DELETE BUTTON if hit accidently when a song is highlited and playing will stop and delete it in the middle.

I apoligise for the inconvience.

ddouglass
October 16th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Also the new red DELETE BUTTON if hit accidently when a song is highlited and playing will stop and delete it in the middle.

I apoligise for the inconvience.

That shouldn't happen. If the highlighted song is the one playing the delete button is greyed out rather than red. However, my wife and Sister-in-law claim they had tried to delete the playing song and the program hung. I wasn't at the computer at the time and could not duplicate the problem. I had to use task manager to close Hoster.