PDA

View Full Version : Bleeps on key change with trial Hoster light

busy bee
October 2nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
Hi all.I just bought a new lappy and downloaded Hoster Light trial to see if it was compatable with it.It's a Dell Inspiron 1300. 1.5 celeron. 512 memory.40gig hdd.xp home.The manual did'nt give much info on dual display screens but after a bit of digging around on the net I found a way of getting a decent 2 screen solution, The trouble is that when I tried the Key change on hoster as soon as I went up or down,even a semitone each way I got intermittent bleeps of varying pitches.Is this only on the demo version or is it a fault with my equipment.The full version of Hoster Light has worked perfectly on my other lappy without any problems for 5 months now,going on for 80 gigs with it,but I would like to put another Hoster light on this new Dell and use it for backup. Regards to all.B.B

gduns - with the Lord
October 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
You need to turn off all [Microsoft/Windows] sounds except opening and closing windows.

admin
October 3rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
The trouble is that when I tried the Key change on hoster as soon as I went up or down,even a semitone each way I got intermittent bleeps of varying pitches.Is this only on the demo version or is it a fault with my equipment.
This is part of the hampering we have for our Video Hoster Lite demo. It is also present in our Keyrite demo. As you know, this hampering is removed in our full version. :w

busy bee
October 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Tried GDUNS suggestion but no joy, it still beeped.Then admin inform me that it is disabled on demo version,So at last a good nights sleep, many thanks to all.
If I upgraded my normal Hoster light to full Hoster would I then be able to put it on the new lappy as well as the lappy that already has Hoster Light on it. I don't use a desktop,only laptops ..Just a thought.B.B.

ddouglass
October 3rd, 2006, 10:49 PM
You are allowed to install Hoster on two computers.

admin
October 4th, 2006, 05:45 AM
If I upgraded my normal Hoster light to full Hoster would I then be able to put it on the new lappy as well as the lappy that already has Hoster Light on it. I don't use a desktop,only laptops ..Just a thought.B.B.
As Dale indicated, Full Hoster can install on 2 computers. However, please note that Hoster's End User License Agreement only allows the second copy for use on a backup computer. It is not provided so you can run 2 shows simultaneously.

Hoster has more features than Hoster Lite, which is why it is more expensive.

If you want to run 2 shows simultaneously, you need to have two copies of Hoster Lite with its reduced functionality, or two copies of Hoster with the full functionality.