PDA

View Full Version : Something strange in the search function?

UPNext
September 25th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I am running version 3.311 and I just noticed something odd in the way the search function works. This may have occurred in earlier versions but I have just noticed it now. Presently if you search on the text "beatles" and you select the TITLE and ARTIST buttons, Hoster will go out and find all entries that have that text in either field. However, if you select either the MUX button or the DUET button in addition to any of the other buttons, then Hoster "appears" to perform a logical AND function where the text must be found in either the TITLE or ARTIST field AND the MUX/DUET field or the search finds no songs that match. Maybe I'm missing something here but this behavior seems to be incorrect. Has anyone else noticed this? Does it appear to be a bug or am I using the Search function incorrectly?:s

ddouglass
September 25th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Since the MUX and DUET fields are actually only check boxes (true/false) then the "AND" function would be the only logical use for them being searchable, such as looking for all Kenny Rogers duets. This would rule out any singles by him but would list all duets.:g

UPNext
September 25th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I get it. I guess I will have to be sure I don't inadvertantly have either one of them selected in the future unless I really am looking for that feature. Thanks:r