PDA

View Full Version : can hardly read words when sweeping

billyo
September 21st, 2006, 11:09 PM
just bought this laptop and used it last week, hooked up everything right, just like my old one, the problem i'm having is that im using my s-video out from my laptop and had it connected to a plasma/.lcd./tv when i started to play a song, i can hardly read the words and the sweeping comes out too dark, but if i use a vga to vga its perfect..by the way this laptop has a 7 pin s-video out, is there anyone with the same problem i'm having?

bobcox- with the Lord
September 22nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
its your video card setting. change setting for TV to 800 by 600 should work.
i just went through it today when i installed new nvidea card in mine.
good luck and let me know how you make out. Bob

billyo
September 25th, 2006, 09:11 PM
its your video card setting. change setting for TV to 800 by 600 should work.
i just went through it today when i installed new nvidea card in mine.
good luck and let me know how you make out. Bob

just got done reformating my hardrive on my old laptop, re-installed everything, now the video is doing the same thing can hardly read tha graphics and sweeping is dark, tried re-setting the resolution like you said but now the displays on my laptop are huge..so i ended up changing it to a descent display..do i need to get somekind of a video booster?..sorry it took me awhile to respond..

billyo
September 25th, 2006, 10:33 PM
got it fixed...maybe this will help others with singers display problems..on the bottom right hand of screen ( icons display ) look for the sis utility tray ,right click on it and click on display property, click on drive modes setting, on support mode display look for crt..and click on the drop down arrow and ..scroll down ,click on what you think is the best video display on your pc/laptop and on your singers display monitor..i got mine set on 1024x768 pixel 32 bit 60 hz on lcd and crt..and its so clear..dont worry if you cant get it the first time..your display will go back in default mode if you didnt like what you chose the first time..its a trial and error kind..

horseshoe
September 26th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Unless you have a SIS video card or motherboard you won't have a "sis utility tray". Instead right click on anywhere on the screen and follow the directions for Display Properties that Billyo has given.

George
September 26th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Unless you have a SIS video card or motherboard you won't have a "sis utility tray". Instead right click on anywhere on the screen and follow the directions for Display Properties that Billyo has given.

'taint necessarily so. With some videro cards you have to:

Right click any blank spot on screen
Select Properties
Select Settings
Set Color Quality to 32bit
Select Advanced
Select Monitor
Set Screen Refresh Rate to 60 Hertz

There's no one size fits all.

horseshoe
September 26th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks George. I was trying to give a quick example before I had to run. I left out the line about every situation is slightly different. Basically they all are pretty easy to figure out with a little work and a lot of reading of the help guides from the card makers.

billyo
September 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks George. I was trying to give a quick example before I had to run. I left out the line about every situation is slightly different. Basically they all are pretty easy to figure out with a little work and a lot of reading of the help guides from the card makers.

true..thats what i did..a lot of work and a lot of reading..lots of them..