PDA

View Full Version : upgrde gone bad!!!

alohak
September 19th, 2006, 11:07 PM
please help! i upgraded to 3.310 last month because hoster was skipping and piiting real bad. the graphics are awesomwe but hoster is not finding most of my kma database searches and i almost had a mutiny last saturday. i have another gig this saturday. i need to recover from last week can you help fix your product! or am i screwed?

mindonstrike
September 20th, 2006, 05:14 AM
please help! i upgraded to 3.310 last month because hoster was skipping and piiting real bad. the graphics are awesomwe but hoster is not finding most of my kma database searches and i almost had a mutiny last saturday. i have another gig this saturday. i need to recover from last week can you help fix your product! or am i screwed?
It very well could be that your songs.mdb has become corrupt. It happened to me a couple of years ago. If this is the case it's an easy fix.

Make sure that the rebuild database screen is pointed at any folders contaning KMA's. Delete songs.mdb from the database folder and rebuild.

Hope this helps.
Sam

Beavis
September 20th, 2006, 06:57 AM
also upgrade to 3.311

gpayne
September 21st, 2006, 12:00 AM
also upgrade to 3.311
I would not upgrade to 3.311 yet. The skip feature in auto mode does not work. Check out the post previous to 3.310 gone bad.

gpayne

bobcox- with the Lord
September 21st, 2006, 10:50 AM
this function works fine on my two computers.
so i dont think this is a problem with hoster 3311. Bob

djmadmaxx
September 21st, 2006, 01:56 PM
Gpayne, it has to be something on YOUR end.. The skip feature works fine on my PC's with 3.311

ddouglass
September 21st, 2006, 03:40 PM

As Sam said, your songs database file may be corrupt. Best bet would be to go to C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\database and delete all .mdb files except bucket.mdb. Then reopen Hoster and it will rebuild the database.

Upgrading to 3.311 will not help this problem, but would be a good idea after you get your songs database working correctly again.

Making sure you have all the latest updates for Windows XP would also be a good idea.

gpayne
September 21st, 2006, 08:26 PM
Gpayne, it has to be something on YOUR end.. The skip feature works fine on my PC's with 3.311
That could be so but if it is, the same thing is wrong with Aarrgee's machine. I did not even do the install until after I read his post. When I did do the install, I had the same problem he did. Go figure. This is my backup machine and as such, I have a lot of programs installed on it. When I get a chance, I will set a restore point and do an install on my show machine. Are you sure you elected to skip a playing song in auto mode?

gpayne

ddouglass
September 21st, 2006, 10:57 PM
That could be so but if it is, the same thing is wrong with Aarrgee's machine. I did not even do the install until after I read his post. When I did do the install, I had the same problem he did. Go figure. This is my backup machine and as such, I have a lot of programs installed on it. When I get a chance, I will set a restore point and do an install on my show machine. Are you sure you elected to skip a playing song in auto mode?

gpayne

MikeP came up with this one.
Switch back and forth from Auto to Manual checking the skip each time. At some point it should begin to work. At that point exit Hoster and re-open. Skip should be still working from then on. :g It worked for me.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

gpayne
September 22nd, 2006, 01:00 AM
MikeP came up with this one.
Switch back and forth from Auto to Manual checking the skip each time. At some point it should begin to work. At that point exit Hoster and re-open. Skip should be still working from then on. :g It worked for me.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
This procedure worked for MikeP? So, MikeP had this problem also? I wonder how many people had this problem? It sounds as if something is not getting set properly when you select skip and by going back and forth between manual & auto modes it gets set properly. I can try this and see if it works, but I'd also like to know why it works and if this is just something not working properly on my machine or not. It seems some are having the problem and some are not. I know from past experience that a fresh install of the operating system can cure a lot of problems but believe me, I have too much other stuff on my backup machine to reinstall everything. That will be a last resort. (dire!!!!!) Most of the bugs that have been fixed in version 3.111 were no problem for me because I did not import in that manner so if I have to I will stick to the last version that worked well for me!

gpayne

ddouglass
September 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
I agree something isn't getting set initially and it may be a hold-over from previous setups. I had never used the auto/skip and wasn't even aware of it until it was posted here.

Even though you haven't run in to the bugs that are fixed in this version it is still a good idea to upgrade anyway to keep up with the code changes and keep your registration good. We don't know how often upgrades will come out and delaying might cost if you go past a year.