PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather And My Monitor

swany
September 18th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I asked about my pc and cold weather but dont know what my hp flat panel displays will do in zero weather will they be affected? Or worse, freeze and break. Thanks ahead of time. Swany

ddouglass
September 18th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Who could s-sss--sss-ing at that temperature:e :r

Unless you are talking about Artic sub-zero conditions it shouldn't effect it. You may want to let the equipment get aclimated to the room temperature before firing it up though.

gduns - with the Lord
September 18th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I have had LEd screens break from freezing, I would assume that LCD would do the same. However.......... Your computer itsself should be "warmed up" as in runn it for a little while before a show, I have had it cause a slow down if not up to operating temps.

George
September 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Common sense would dictate not using a pc at extremely low temperatures.

Ever hear of condensation?

Water and electricity still don't mix.

horseshoe
September 18th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I would never allow my screen to get that cold.

Beavis
September 18th, 2006, 09:01 PM
i think he means leaving it in the van during the winter when there are no shows to do.

horseshoe
September 19th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I got that impression, but I would take it inside when it gets that cold. Only bad things can happen if it freezes, or is taken inside a warm place when it is frozen.

Beavis
September 19th, 2006, 02:16 PM
why dont you put a small electric heater in there when you know its going to be really cold ?

lmcmains
September 19th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I take my LCD in the house when it gets cold. Don't take long to do that. I leave every thing else in the truck.