PDA

View Full Version : Play Video Hoster 3.310

MimiLee
September 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Shouldn't I be able to play any "avi" "mpeg" file as a video? I have a video I put together that I want to play through Hoster during a show (using the dual display) and it will not load. At first I thought maybe it was too large so I tried a much smaller video. Still would not load. Thanks for any input you guys on the forum can give me.

mindonstrike
September 12th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Not sure what you mean when you say they won't "load". Do you mean you can't add them to the playlist? Do you get an error msg saying that it's not a video?

If so chances are it's a codec issue.
Sam

MimiLee
September 12th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Yes-by load I mean recognize the video and add to the playlist. I get no errors it just freezes the program. When I select video and it takes me to the select screen my file is on the list as a mpeg (where you chose the file type) so I am sure it is a valid video file. It plays on windows media player. I was thinking the problem was that it was not a video karaoke file but then an mpeg is an mpeg no matter what it contains right?

Thanks for your help.

gduns - with the Lord
September 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
you need to add a divx codec. google it, and you will find what you need

gduns - with the Lord
September 12th, 2006, 12:34 PM
also, rename a mpeg to mpg I have had to do this before

MimiLee
September 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info.

I downloaded the divx program but honestly I do not have a clue what I need to do with it. The video did play on the divx player. I am in the 19th century when it comes to dvd stuff. I'm just beginning to get a handle on cd's!:)

I renamed the file to MPG and it did load onto the play list. It played but only on the singers screen. It would not let me either move the screen or double click it to sent it to the tv. The extended screen setting are correct as I did an "identify" and also tested a song.

Am I trying to do something that is not doable by sending the video to the other displays?

mindonstrike
September 13th, 2006, 05:19 AM
I renamed the file to MPG and it did load onto the play list. It played but only on the singers screen. It would not let me either move the screen or double click it to sent it to the tv. The extended screen setting are correct as I did an "identify" and also tested a song.

Am I trying to do something that is not doable by sending the video to the other displays?Unlike conventional KMA's the video will not show on the Hoster program, and will not show as full screen by double clicking it.
Do all your moving and resizing using a regular KMA (that's not in full screen). And then you video will use those settings.

Sam

gduns - with the Lord
September 13th, 2006, 07:56 AM
MiMi,
After installing the divx player, you can now play the video's on either the hoster video screen, or the windows media player screen also.

to move the hoster video screen, you must stretch it. It will stretch, not move.

But when you have it set, it will always come up in the same place.

MimiLee
September 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks again-I will try it all. Will let you know of success or will be back with questions! I did play a kma but don't remember at whether it was before or after the video.

admin
September 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM
The Video Window code is from Microsoft. It cannot be moved or double clicked as friends stated above.

You must first set up the Singer's Display window. Then, the Video Window takes on the same LOCATION, SIZE and SCREEN (TV or Computer Monitor) as the Singer's Display.