PDA

View Full Version : Can you use Hoster to make CDG's

Ramblin
August 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I am downloading all my discs into my hard drive using Hoster. I have some singers who are asking me to make them a CD of their songs. How do I create them with KMA files. Is there a way to use Hoster or Microstudio?

Beavis
August 29th, 2006, 07:42 PM
its coming in the next release. or is suppose to be in the next release.

mindonstrike
August 29th, 2006, 10:01 PM
If you mean recording the singer as they sing so they can hear themselves on the car cd player on the way home then, refer to Beavis's post.

If you mean, can you make a CDG from your KMA's to give to people to practice at home on their karaoke player or take to another show down the street, The answer would be that that's a violation of the license you agreed to when you installed the software, so I wouldn't recomend it!

Sam

Tela Harbold
April 17th, 2007, 11:11 AM
If you mean recording the singer as they sing so they can hear themselves on the car cd player on the way home then, refer to Beavis's post.

If you mean, can you make a CDG from your KMA's to give to people to practice at home on their karaoke player or take to another show down the street, The answer would be that that's a violation of the license you agreed to when you installed the software, so I wouldn't recomend it!

Sam

This post was from August 2006, there have been several upgrades to Hoster since then. I have not seen anything that allows you to use Hoster to record a singer a karaoke song. Is this something that can be done in Hoster and how am I missing it if it is? This would be a great addition to Hoster. Right now I use a seperate recorder if my singers want there singing recorded.

ddouglass
April 17th, 2007, 11:53 AM
This post was from August 2006, there have been several upgrades to Hoster since then. I have not seen anything that allows you to use Hoster to record a singer a karaoke song. Is this something that can be done in Hoster and how am I missing it if it is? This would be a great addition to Hoster. Right now I use a seperate recorder if my singers want there singing recorded.
This is slated for inclusion in Hoster 4.000 supposed to be out sometime this year. Microstudio has just been upgraded to include recording in version 4 and working now in version 4.001. There were some problems with it in 4.000.
However as Sam stated it is illegal for you to record your singers using your song files. If they bring their own disc, you import their song and record them singing to it, then this is legal.
When this is available you will have to have a slightly different wiring setup to record their voices, since the recording is done by the computer. There will need to be some way to get the microphone output to the computer microphone or line in input.

bryant
April 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM
When this is available you will have to have a slightly different wiring setup to record their voices, since the recording is done by the computer. There will need to be some way to get the microphone output to the computer microphone or line in input.

Dale,
If one takes a "rec out" or even an "aux send" from their mixer to the "mic or line" input of the computer, that should work, right?

Assuming the mics and "Hoster computer" outputs are sent to their respective channels in the mixer.

ddouglass
April 17th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Dale,
If one takes a "rec out" or even an "aux send" from their mixer to the "mic or line" input of the computer, that should work, right?

Assuming the mics and "Hoster computer" outputs are sent to their respective channels in the mixer.

This will be something MTU will have to work out for the Hoster upgrade. I foresee possible slight delay problem if the record function is recording the music output from Hoster and the mic input run through the mixer. It would probably be best to set up the record function to record the mixer's combined music/microphones output (record out) through the line in input to the sound card.

bryant
April 18th, 2007, 01:54 AM
It would probably be best to set up the record function to record the mixer's combined music/microphones output (record out) through the line in input to the sound card.

I agree, let's see what they come up with, huh?

admin
April 24th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Ummm... its not as easy as you might think. So far, I'm not finished with spec'ing out how to add Record into Hoster. It is clear that professional Hosts have a mix console, and the Microphone plugs into it, and mixes with the music that is from Hoster (Computer audio output), and goes to the amps to the speaker.

We have to totally change everything for this type of wiring. We have a near perfect setup in Microstudio that would even allow recording the signal from your mix console's line out, or an effect send channel. Then, you can burn the .wav audio file to an Audio CD in Microstudio.

Another concern is how much processing power will Record and Burn Audio CD require in Hoster. We already have live key change, playing any format file (some require decompressing such as WMA, WMA+G, MP3, MP3+G, ZIP) which requires computer power. The last thing we will test is whether recording and burning in Hoster will write a bad CD Audio disc. If we can't solve that, we won't add it. Microstudio is a very nice adjunct to Hoster, and will work very well to record right now... today... your next show. :)