PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate book ID

is14fun
August 23rd, 2006, 01:45 PM
When I rebuild my song database it leaves out five files. The reason given is they have duplicate id numbers. However, when I search the database for the duplicate file (by book id number), it returns nothing. So, if I can't retreive the duplicate id number by searching, I don't know why it is saying these are duplicate. I tried to merge these KMA files but it will not add them to the database. They are not duplicates but obvisously there must be something in the tag which is casuing probem. How can fix these files? My originals are in storage so I would rather use the exting kma files if I can. I have the latest versions of all programs.

ddouglass
August 23rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Look in the Hoster Folder for a log file (can't remember the name and I am at work so can't look it up) that lists the files not added to database. I think it is in C:\Program Files\MTU\Hoster\database. File should be ?????.log. This will tell you which ones weren't added.

is14fun
August 23rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
I know which ones it won 't add. what I don't know is how to add them. I have removed them from the my song file. I have deleted the song database file and I rebuilt database. It still won't add these five filesm when I try to merge kma files. They are kma files so I don't know how I can convert them to a bin file.

ddouglass
August 23rd, 2006, 04:10 PM
When you delete the database did you delete the backup as well? Then when you open the program it will rebuild automatically.

Are all of these from the same disc?

is14fun
August 23rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
I did delete the backup. The files are not on the same disk. All are on seperate disks.

mindonstrike
August 24th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Here's something you can try for troubleshooting purposes

Put those five in a separate folder. Go to the rebuild screen and delete the normal song folder from the list, and then add the folder with the five files, and then re-add your normal song folder (basicly your changing the order in which the songs are added to the database). Now delete Songs.mdb in the Hoster/database folder and rebuild it.Theoreticly it will be a different group of five songs that Hoster will consider duplicates. Maybe the results of that will give you some clues as to what the problem is.

Sam