PDA

View Full Version : Vogone and microstudio

Jo Davis
August 23rd, 2006, 12:32 AM
I am just now trying to use my vogone to reduce vocals. However, I cannot get my song to download from MyMusic file. The manual says I need microstudio in order to put the music in wave file format. I do not have cdg capabilities on my computer. Will the program allow me to import wave files without that capability? I am not particularly interested in doing the karaoke at this time.

lmcmains
August 23rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
If you have Music Match it will convert the file to a wav. format.

djmadmaxx
August 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
You will get better results if you use the actual cd's to make the Wave files for use in Vogone. info is always lost in the MP3 conversion. Rip your CD's with Microstudio.

admin
August 24th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I am just now trying to use my vogone to reduce vocals. However, I cannot get my song to download from MyMusic file. The manual says I need microstudio in order to put the music in wave file format. I do not have cdg capabilities on my computer. Will the program allow me to import wave files without that capability? I am not particularly interested in doing the karaoke at this time.
The guys did a great job in answering.

You also asked if your computer needed to be CDG capable. The answer is no. Microstudio can import "audio" tracks (from Audio CD or Karaoke CDG discs) as .wav files using any CDROM/CDR/DVDR drive that is supported, and many are. When importing as a .wav file, the graphic/lyrics data is stripped, giving you a pure audio file for Vogone to work with. :w

admin
August 24th, 2006, 12:41 PM
You will get better results if you use the actual cd's to make the Wave files for use in Vogone. info is always lost in the MP3 conversion. Rip your CD's with Microstudio.
Absolutely correct... 100,000%! :w

For best results, always import a .wav file direct from the Audio CD or Karaoke CDG disc. Microstudio makes this very easy, and very clean. :w

Converting an mp3 or wma file to a wav file will not work as well. MP3 or WMA compression removes frequencies from the left and right channels DIFFERENTLY... which reduces the effectiveness to be able to remove vocals, or lead instruments.