PDA

View Full Version : laptop display problem

webbsc
August 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I have a hp pavilion zv5000 laptop w/ ati mobility raedon 9000agp. It is about 1 1/2 yr old and haven't had many problems w/ it. i did my show on wednesday w/ no problems, but went to do my show last nite and the dual display will not work. It worked fine on wed. I can't get it to recognize the second display. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas of how to fix it? I have updated my driver and everything on that end.
thanks,
simon

lmcmains
August 11th, 2006, 02:26 PM
The first thing I would do is do a System restore. Go to start menu, accessories, system tools then select system restore. Set it to a date you know it was working good.

ddouglass
August 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM
If I remember correctly you need to have the second display on and hooked up before booting the laptop. I have seen that in here several times, though I don't use a laptop so have not experienced it.

I have however forgotten to turn on my mixer which switches my video and pulled my hair out trying to figure out why no display.:e

And have even had a bad cable because it got crushed too many times under a table leg, so you might try a different cable.

webbsc
August 11th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I previously tried the system restore. Took the laptop to Geeksquad and they said that it is probably a bad svideo out on the laptop. I tried to buy some pinnacle thing at Best Buy that they said should work...but it doesn't....looking into an svga to composite converter...i still have to see if that output will work. It will cost around $400-$500 to get the laptop repaired because it is integrated graphics which means i would need a new motherboard.....grrrr!!!
thanks for the help though.:f

bryant
August 16th, 2006, 03:06 AM
A good idea especially for laptops is to purchase that 1 year warranty for 89 bucks, usually. I do for my main and backup. Dell gets it back to me always in 4 or 5 days or less.

Well worth it guy!