PDA

View Full Version : Still Having A Book Sorting Problem

MackieRocks
August 11th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I am still not able to sort my songbook by Artist and then Song after I create the book. I have gotten some good leads to follow but none have panned out. I'm using Word 2000 and am really frustrated. Any ideas???

lmcmains
August 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Are you using the prepare song book command or are trying to change them to another format? When you create the song book you have a choice of sorting it by Artist or by title. You can do it with Artist or title and save the file and then print them or view them.

MackieRocks
August 11th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I create the songbook by Artist then view it in Word. Once I am viewing it, the Artists come up in random order so I try to have Word sort the book by Artist. I have done this in the past with Hoster 3.120 and it worked fine.

dtbice
August 11th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Crazy Question.....but are you selecting the whole songbook before you sort??

lmcmains
August 11th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Just make a book by artist with Hoster.

MackieRocks
August 11th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Yes. After several hours of investigating, I found the problem. When the book is created by Artist in Word, each line in the document ends with a carrage return and that shouldn't be. There should be a Shift-Enter tag at the end of each of the Artist's names and subsequent Shift-Enter tags at the end of each indented song with the exception of the very last song. That should be a carrage return. I tested this theory and it works. How I found this out was I compared the songbook I created in V3.120 and the book I created in V3.310 and found the difference. So ADMIN, please comment and I would appreciate anyone to try creating a songbook by Artist firstname first in Word and try sorting (in Word).

MackieRocks
August 11th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding something. I import the new songs. I create the new book in Hoster. I select Word as my viewer. That's when my problem comes along. Am I doing something wrong??? I've never had this problem before.