PDA

View Full Version : no CD players found

Homercidal
September 25th, 2001, 07:30 PM
I just installed the download version of Microstudio and when I went to play a song, it said there were no CDs available. I have an original Karaoke CD in one of my two drives.

This is not any fun. Any ideas?

MEESTER HAM
September 26th, 2001, 12:48 AM
HOMERCIDAL,
AS FAR AS I'M AM CONCERNED, YOU NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE IN DETAIL OF WHAT YOU HAVE. I HAVEN'T BEEN A REGISTERED MEMBER THAT LONG, BUT I FOUND THAT READING THE MICROSTUDIO FORUM HAS BEEN VERY INFORMATIVE. TELL US A LITTLE MORE ABOUT YOUR SETUP AND MAYBE WE CAN HELP YOU.
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT BRIAN (AT MTU SUPPORT) WILL BE THERE TO HELP YOU. JUST KEEP THIS THREAD GOING AND IT WILL BE FIGURED OUT IF POSSIBLE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

MTUSUPPORT
September 26th, 2001, 04:56 PM
If I can understand what you are saying is that when you are on the "Play Tab" there are no CD-R or CD-Rom drives that are showing up. If this is the case then your drives probably don't support Karaoke. One way to find this out, is go into the Duplicate disc tab, select "Karaoke CD+G" for the type. If no drive's show in the Reader or Writer pull down boxes, then they don't support Karaoke. If this is the case, then change from Karaoke CD+G to Audio CD. If the drives now show, then they don't support Karaoke. Please then type in the drive names that show in the reader and writer boxes into this post, so that I can tell you for sure they don't work.

George
September 28th, 2001, 12:42 PM
I think we need to be a bit mor specific when determining whether or not a drive supports CDG. Some drives do support
Karaoke in VCD format, but not CDG, which most of us think of when referring to Karaoke cd's. I got involved in this when I bought an Acer drive that was advertised as supporting Karaoke. When we finally reached the bottom line, an Acer engineer told me they supported VCD, would never support CDG, and that they were legally correct and had no liability. I told them they were not being above board by not being more specific, and hiding behind the broad term Karaoke, when most everyone out here thinks in terms of CDG when dealing in Karaoke cd's, and they needed to change their published specs. They could have cared less.

I guess this was a round about way of saying the drives could possibly support Karaoke, but not in CDG format.

Take care,

George