PDA

View Full Version : Abort

tyoung0202
August 10th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I try to import my cdg disc but i keep getting a abort messeage.
What do i do ???

ddouglass
August 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
How about some more information?

Like computer type, operating system, what cd drive, version of Hoster, exact error message, etc. The more details you can give us the faster and easier it is for us to help you diagnose the problem.

Is this the first CDG you have tried to import?

tyoung0202
August 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Compaq V3019US notebook computer, Windows XP, Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S - the first and every CDG I tried ( I tried many different karaoke CD's), it said ready, then on the first track it says abort. I searched the manual, it says the Aborted message shows when you manully stop the upload - I am not stopping it, it never makes it past the first track.

Thanks!!

Beavis
August 10th, 2006, 09:35 PM
did you disable the autorun ?

tyoung0202
August 10th, 2006, 09:51 PM
yes

ddouglass
August 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Look in the startup folder under all users and delete any Nero or Roxio icons in there. Reboot and try again.

Also make sure you are importing (Save to Folder)to the hard drive and not pointing to your burner.

tyoung0202
August 11th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Thank you, I checked both of those items - neither one of those were there--I am importing to the the hard drive.

dtbice
August 11th, 2006, 02:42 AM
What are your settings in Hoster...Speed, Compression, have you tried changing speeds? Have you copied cdg's with this dvd rom before in other programs

Flipeoke
August 11th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Well, unfortunately, that drive is not listed in the recognized drives list (http://www.mtu.com/support/cdr-ide-drives.htm#HosterDrives), so it may not have the capability to do the necessary MMC codes for karaoke. I'm guessing that this is the problem. But I could be wrong...

Flip

tyoung0202
August 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I wondered about that, but I thought I would be getting a different error message. According to the manual, abort means that the user has aborted manually, and I am not doing that. I guess I know what I need to do--buy a different drive.........
thanks everyone for your input, I greatly appreciate it!

dtbice
August 11th, 2006, 09:49 AM
That's where I was heading............ I think your drive will read cdg's but won't write cdg's GOOD LUCK

admin
August 11th, 2006, 12:17 PM
FYI: Abort will also show as the Status if anything goes wrong while importing tracks. We'll modify the manual to make that clearer.

tyoung0202
August 12th, 2006, 01:27 PM
My hoster will not play songs imported from my hard drive. Once I get the song that I want and hit play an error message comes up next to the song ?

lmcmains
August 12th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Are these Zipped files? Zip files with max compression will not play in Hoster. Go back to the orginal zip files, unzip them and rezip them using normal compression and then re-import them. They should work then.:)

Larry

bryant
August 16th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Incs, what compression is considered maximum compression.

lmcmains
August 16th, 2006, 08:20 AM
In most zipping programs you can set min, normal or max compression. The settings are in the tools of most programs. What program do you use to zip or unzip with?

lmcmains
August 16th, 2006, 10:43 AM
In most zipping programs you can set min, normal or max compression. The settings are in the tools of most programs. What program do you use to zip or unzip with?

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like if you use IZArc to zip and unzip. of how to change the compression settings.