PDA

View Full Version : kma files from usb hard drive

leeklitz
August 8th, 2006, 02:09 PM
How do I bring up kma files from a external hard drive

mindonstrike
August 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM
If they are going to stay on that hard drive just select that drive (and folder if applicable) from the build database option under the tools tab.

Sam

ddouglass
August 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM
leeklitz,
We need a bit more information to be able to answer your question. Are you adding files to Hoster from a 2nd location or are you moving all of your KMA files to the external drive? It will make a difference in how you have to do it.

leeklitz
August 8th, 2006, 03:28 PM
My Hard drive on the computer is full so I've added files to aan usb hard drive
when I want a song to come up from that drive to my program I'm not sure what to do to bring them up. They are in kma format

ddouglass
August 8th, 2006, 04:19 PM
If your external hard drive has enough space to hold all of your songs, I would recommend moving the song files from your internal drive to the external drive to free up space on the internal. Otherwise your system will get extremely slow. Move them by copying them to the external and then delete them from the internal. That way you won't lose them if an error happens to pop up.
If you do the above, then the best way to add them would be as folows:

Delete the song.mdb and the backup.mdb files in the database folder under Hoster.
Open Hoster and add the external drive location when the program requests it for rebuilding the database. This will rebuild the database and add all the KMA files.

ddouglass
August 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM
If you don't want to move the existing songs from the current location then:

Open Hoster.
Go to Tools/Merge Database
In the window showing the current location, add the external drive path for the new KMA files.
Merge the database.

leeklitz
August 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'M using Hoster 3.120 there is no tools/merge where do i go from here

George
August 8th, 2006, 07:55 PM
I believe it reads TOOLS/MERGE KMA FILES, then after files have been selected, MERGE INTO SONG DATABASE

ddouglass
August 8th, 2006, 08:30 PM
George it wasn't added until version 3.300. :f

Leeklitz you will have to do this in Build Database then.

George
August 8th, 2006, 09:54 PM
George it wasn't added until version 3.300. :f

Thanks for the heads up.