PDA

View Full Version : songs in my external drive

solidsound
August 7th, 2006, 02:24 AM
After putting all my kma songs file from my c:\Program files\Micro technology Unlimited\Hoster\Songs and copying them to my external hard drive under F:importedsongs and then I went to tools under, merge kma database and tried, build song database using my external drive to be my select folder, now here is my question: I open my Hoster icon and select song to play, it shows "error" saying c:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Songs\#-songfile was not found on the hard drive. the song is on my database book but why can't I open it to play? What am I doing wrong? I have to moved the songs to my external drive to avoid crashing my lap top that has only 80G HD. Can you help me please.

Solidsound

ddouglass
August 7th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Solidsound,
Go to c:\Program files\Micro technology Unlimited\Hoster\databases and delete songs.mdb and backup.mdb files. Do NOT delete the bucket.mdb file. Then open Hoster and it should rebuild the database. You will have to tell it the path to the songs on the external drive.
What you should have done initially was to Rebuild the database rather than Merge.

solidsound
August 7th, 2006, 12:42 PM
DDouglas,
Thanks a lot, it works.
SolidSound

ddouglass
August 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Your welcome.