PDA

View Full Version : KMA to mp3

solidsound
August 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
I'm not expert about this, my question: Is KMA file is bigger than mp3? Because my laptop has 80G and I loaded songs from my zipfile F: drive extension hard drive(i think mp3 to my c: drive KMAfile) my c: drive is now full with about 12,000 songs in it. What can i do to load more songs? Do i need to convert my songs in C: drive file to mp3+g and how will I do that? Can you help me? I tried several ways but didn't work. What's the best thing to do?

Roger Ventura
SolidSound Entertainment

Lonman
August 6th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Get another hard drive!

Beavis
August 6th, 2006, 10:33 AM
buy an external hard drive. they are cheap. put all your music on the external.

make sure the drive letter on the external hard drive does'nt change everytime you start up the laptop.

solidsound
August 6th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks,
Lonman and Beavis, good suggestion thanks.

SolidSound

lmcmains
August 6th, 2006, 07:49 PM
The KMA file is based on a wma file which is a windows media file. So the files are a little smaller than an Mp3 file.

Larry:g

mindonstrike
August 6th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm not expert about this, my question: Is KMA file is bigger than mp3? Because my laptop has 80G and I loaded songs from my zipfile F: drive extension hard drive(i think mp3 to my c: drive KMAfile) my c: drive is now full with about 12,000 songs in it. What can i do to load more songs? Do i need to convert my songs in C: drive file to mp3+g and how will I do that? Can you help me? I tried several ways but didn't work. What's the best thing to do?

Roger Ventura
SolidSound Entertainment
I'm not an expert on this particular question but...
I believe that KMA made from disk are smaller than mp3g's (@ the same bit rate). However KMA made from mp3g's or zipps will be roughly the same size as the mp3g file is not converted to anything, just copied and has a header added to it for the database to read. Hoster uses a different player to play those KMA's than it does for KMA's made from disk or BIN or CDG.
If you don't keep at least 15% of your C: empty you'll have problems defragmenting, so you'll definately want to go external. This one reason I've shied away from laptops.

Sam

Jamie Simpson
August 17th, 2006, 02:32 AM
So Guys...

Is there a program out there to convert KMA files to MP3+G files?

Thanks

lmcmains
August 17th, 2006, 07:34 AM
At the time I don't think there is a program out.

songpony
August 17th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Anyone know of a way to go from wma to cdg or bin (or any plans to do this). It would be nice if the files were able to be burned to CD via Microstudio or something. I understand the potential copyright violations of doing such a thing, but I sometime do "performances" as opposed to karaoke, and it would be so much easier to burn a CD of the songs I need directly from what's already on my computer rather than have to go back to the original CD for each song. Even if it could just make an audio-only copy, that would be great with me. Any info would be appreciated!

admin
August 18th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Anyone know of a way to go from wma to cdg or bin (or any plans to do this). It would be nice if the files were able to be burned to CD via Microstudio or something. I understand the potential copyright violations of doing such a thing, but I sometime do "performances" as opposed to karaoke, and it would be so much easier to burn a CD of the songs I need directly from what's already on my computer rather than have to go back to the original CD for each song. Even if it could just make an audio-only copy, that would be great with me. Any info would be appreciated!
Microstudio 3.000 will be able to take these file formats, alone or any any mixed combinations:

* KMA
* MP3+G
* BIN
* CDG (MTU's format with audio+lyrics)
* MP3 (audio only)
* WMA (audio only)
* WAV (audio only)

and write them to either a:

* Karaoke CD+Graphics format discs (audio only files will have blank displays)
* Audio CDDA format discs (karaoke files will have their lryics data stripped)

This is exactly what you are looking for, and probably a bit more. :w

songpony
August 19th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Perfect! You guys are really on the ball!

is14fun
August 23rd, 2006, 04:00 PM
When will it be released?

George
August 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Copied from another forum:

"We still have no hard release date for Microstudio 3.0, as it is in Beta 9 testing.

When we have a date, it will be placed on the News Page located at: http://www.mtu.com/support/news.htm

It currently states August, but that will not be true. It will be pushed at least into September.

But the features it will have, it will be worth any wait. Don't ask, as I will not tell you what this means, but it will be the Best Microstudio Ever. You will find out when you get the new 3.0 Version."