PDA

View Full Version : Song Book Sorting

MackieRocks
August 2nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
Why is it that when I create a song book by artist, Word 2000 brings it up in random order and I can't put the artists is alphabetical order???? I am using 3.310 and I've tried every way I know how in Word to sort it.

ddouglass
August 2nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Highlight the entire table (first row should be header) then go to Tables/Sort and choose Artist. If it doesn't sort correctly then there are probably spaces or hidden characters at the beginning or end of the Artist's names. You will need to figure out which ones are bad and correct in Hoster through the Edit Songs operation.

MackieRocks
August 2nd, 2006, 12:12 PM
When I create the book, It puts the artist name in bold with the songs indented under the artist. It does not give me the option to choose artist at the sort command.

Latch
August 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM
This might be something worth looking into. This program now supports KMA files and it makes the best looking books out there. You can also export the raw song data to Excel, or export the generated books to PDF.

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_SongListGenerator.aspx

:r

MackieRocks
August 7th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I'll check into it... Thanks!

songpony
August 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM
When you loaded your songs within Hoster, did you type the artists in as Lastname, Firstname? If for some reason you didn't, it may be reversing what you've typed depending on whether you're creating the books in "last name first" order or "first name first" order. Just a thought.

MackieRocks
August 8th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I will verify and let you know.... Thanks!