PDA

View Full Version : install without Internet connection

songpony
August 1st, 2006, 03:04 PM
I just tried my first attempt at reinstalling the Hoster app without an Internet connection, and unfortunately (since it was right before a job) it didn't work. I've been having all kinds of crashing problems when importing a song from a singer's disk, so I uninstalled both .NET 2.0 and Hoster, did the requisite reboots, reinstalled .NET 2.0, rebooted, and then did the Hoster install. I had a jump drive in the computer and all went well for part 1. Took that jump drive home with me that night and ran the executable from it to register. Went back the next night to do the "second" install (with the jump drive in and registered as the same drive letter as previously), and it said that the registration wasn't for the same computer as I was trying to install on. My only solution last night was to run home and get my backup computer (not a lot of fun), but why didn't it work? How do I get it to work without bringing the whole system home and puttint it online? Thanks.

MTUSUPPORT
August 1st, 2006, 05:40 PM
The only thing that I can think of is that something changed it sounds like.

I would try it again, Delete the files off the USB Memory Stick. Then Restart the first part of the Install again, creating all the files on the USB drive. Then take it home and try it again.

Let me know what you find.

songpony
August 1st, 2006, 10:30 PM
Well, for some reason, second time's a charm. I don't know what could possible have changed from the time I ran the first Install (after which I immediately powered the machine off) and the time I ran the second install (which was immediately after I powered the machine on the next day), but I'm glad this second try at least worked - just wish I knew why. Thanks.