PDA

View Full Version : Question on the weather & Hoster HELP

swany
August 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM
It never really occurred to me when I purchased a rack mount from MTU and went to running my shows with hoster. Very Happy thank you MTU. I live in Michigan and carry my equiptment in enclosed trailers, and when not in use it is stored in the trailers. Now for my question, the PC and Monitor do they have to come in when the weather turns extreme hot or cold. Many times like now it has to be way over 100 degrees in my trailer. In the winter it is less than the temp outside (no wind chill factor) but still it gets way below freezing. Thanks for any and all help ahead of time. Swany

ddouglass
August 1st, 2006, 02:51 PM
The equipment should be able to handle those extremes in a non-powered state. Where computer equipment has a problem with heat would be trying to operate it in 100+ degree temperatures. They will function for a short time, but will soon begin to get errors and eventually will die.

You may find too that when you are setting up after equipment is kept in extreme cold, that it will need to be warmed up a bit before it will power up or act correctly. Just arrive a bit earlier and let it sit in the warm building for a short time before turning it on.

swany
August 1st, 2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Dale will heed your advice.