PDA

View Full Version : Bought Hoster Today !

Ron Vermillion
July 24th, 2006, 05:40 PM
First day as a Hosterite. And I have not read the manual yet which I plan to do starting tonight; but, I have a question that I don't think will be covered there.

From my original WalMart CD+G disk of All Star Karaoke files there is one file that seems to be recorded about a 1/4 of a key flat. YOu can play guitar tuned to standard pitch to all the other songs, which is what I'm trying to do, but with this one track the song is flat to standard pitch by a bit.

Any ideas how to compensate for this or do anything to correct it. I have not used the Key Change function of Hoster yet, maybe there is something there. This one file seems a few cents flat to standard pitch.

Any thoughts ? ( Yeah! Delete the file and sing something else)
Any other thoughts ?

Thanks

Ron

djmadmaxx
July 24th, 2006, 05:55 PM
First off Ron, Congrats on the Purchase and welcome to the wonderful world of HOSTER.
I don't know why a song would be recorded 1/4 pitch off. Hosters key changer works in half steps.

Ron Vermillion
July 24th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Maybe that's why the Hip Hop guys do the scratching manually. ??? LOL

Ron

admin
July 24th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Ron, I moved this to the Hoster Help Forum where it belongs to get more exposure to your peers.

For a song to be a few cents off, you would need to have a key changer that can do cent steps. Keyrite is the only product I know of that can key change a karaoke song, and leave the lyrics, and it does half-steps.

The only thing I can think of is to convert the song to wav using Microstudio to strip the lyrics. Next, find a cent key changer for audio .wav files and process the file. Then, use Karaoke Home Producer to add the lyrics back into the key changed file.