PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Demo

Ron Vermillion
July 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM
When I download the Hoster demo do I get any demo songs to run on it or do I have to go buy them to try it? This is probably answered somewhere but I've been looking and didn't find it.

Thanks again
Ron

ddouglass
July 21st, 2006, 03:34 PM
No songs come with it. :g

Beavis
July 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM
i think MTU should give one small clip to import. Microsoft puts ina few music files and video files.

its not a bad idea. its not like you can run a show with it. some people dont have any cdg's and are thinking of getting into the business.

what do you think admin ??

George
July 21st, 2006, 07:58 PM
And would the customers be willing to absorb the licensing costs associated with distributing copywritten material through a price increase, or should MTU eat it?

Beavis
July 22nd, 2006, 07:45 AM
they wouldnt have to absorb aything if they make up there own song !

plus i didnt say a complete song, i said a small clip!

George
July 22nd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Where is it written that use of a published song has to be the complete version to continue to be covered by copywrite laws?

You gotta consider that most songs are identifiable within the first three or four notes, as established by the Name That Tune game show.

Educate us on the subject.

George
July 22nd, 2006, 11:14 AM
they wouldnt have to absorb aything if they make up there own song !

Maybe you got something there. Perhaps MTU should come up with an advertising jingle that could be put into CDG form for demo purposes.

I've even wondered what would happen if they went whole hog and marketed .KMA files to compliment the Hoster product line.

Ron Vermillion
July 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
As a matter of fact I would be glad to pay the giagantic fees to cover the licence of one song or a couple

I think with a little work the demo download could be still be free with a half dozen or so test files available for download or included in the demo download that were created by some of the members of the forum from their original material that they would let others download.

Getting the hoster demo is high on my priority list, but buying a CD+G album so I can see how it works isn't quite as exciting. But if I have to I probably will.

Other Demo Situations that would work equally well:

Go into the Music Store and the nice folks ask if you would like to play the new guitar you are lusting after. You agree and they hand it to you and ask what brand of strings you would like to purchase so you can hear what it sounds like.

The car dealer offers you a test ride in the new car you are considering purchasing for your family. You get in the car and then the service manager asks what type of tires you want to purchase to do the demo ride.

A resturant offers you a two for one lunch special at the local buffet. You go in past the register, get your meal and then they bring you a catalog of silverware that you can use to make your purchase from so you can eat.

I guess my ignorant point is for those of us who do not already have a library of CD+G disks, what good is a demo of Hoster. I understand that 99% of the people looking at purchasing the software are considering making the switch from CD+G players to Hoster. I got the point. But would it not be really slick if someone downloading the demo could actually play a song or two when they got it installed.

Just my thoughts,

Ron

If they would market single, downloadable .kma files I think huge crowds of people would download them because it would be easy, convenient and you would know they would work correctly. How much time and hassle would be involved in paying the required fees and licences for MTU I don't know. That might be a horrible hassle.

Ron Vermillion
July 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Just to wrap this up. I downloaded the demo, made a mad dash to WalMart got one CD+G loaded up several 90 seconds worth in the demo - went nuts about it. This is THE ANSWER to what I was trying to do. Bought Hoster today, imported all the worthwile songs off the WalMart CD+G into Hoster. Worked almost perfect with the built in drive on my laptop. Had 2 out of 12 files corrupted, not bad but no bananna - plugged in an old Plextor drive that was laying around unused, imported the bad files - worked 100% Yee Haw - I'm a new Hoster maniac.

Ron

ddouglass
July 24th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the Nuthouse Ron. Be careful you'll be wanting to do Karaoke shows as well as your own shows.:g

Ron Vermillion
July 25th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I've already thought about that, LOL. Now I can trade in the small Yamaha Stagepas 300 PA System for something with some POWER to it!

Ron