PDA

View Full Version : CAVS SMP3G's

MrMark
July 20th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Can u take the Super MP3-g's that CAVS use and convert them to KMA Files? Where's a good place/brand to get/use mp3g files? Can u take the KMA files and make custom discs from them in cdg format?

djmadmaxx
July 20th, 2006, 02:41 PM
as far as I know, you are stuck with the CAVS files the way they are.
At the present time KMA files won't convert to any other format.
The only legal way to get mp3+g files is to actually buy the karaoke CDG discs. but then why turn them into mp3+g when you can directly turn them into KMA's with hoster. BTW: KMA files sound MUCH better

mindonstrike
July 20th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Can u take the Super MP3-g's that CAVS use and convert them to KMA Files? Where's a good place/brand to get/use mp3g files? Can u take the KMA files and make custom discs from them in cdg format?
If you are refering to SCDG: If you do a search on the forum here for SCDG you'll find reference to a program that will convert those to MP3G's.

If you are refering to CAVS's .mcg files (the ones that they sell from their website and I think come preloaded on some of their machines) you can use their decoder to convert to MP3G and then Hoster can convert them to KMA

I've noticed lately that the files they sell now have the .cdg file included with the .mcg and .mp3 file so no converting is necessary, just delete the .mcg file and you are ready to import (after renaming the files that is).

Sam