PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Lap Top Due to Excessive Mains Power pack Hum

zilda
July 19th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Dear Sir,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I purchased a Compaq laptop from Currys in the U.K., part number V4215EA CM 370 in late February of 2006. I then purchased over the internet Hoster 3.303 Software with Song Book at $199.99, order number 43855. The software was also posted to the UK. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
After installation of the software it was evident that the lap top suffered horrendous audio interference (Hum) originating from the mains power unit. If the lap top was operated on battery power only the high pitched buzzing ceased. After numerous complaints with the supplier and attempts to repair the laptop, an exchange was undertaken and I received an Advent 7088 which I then installed my backup copy of Hoster and all worked fine. This left myself without a current backup in case of future software or hardware failure.
I have unfortunately had to undergo major surgery for a knee replacement and unfortunately incurred whilst in hospital care a serious infection that left myself incapacitated, and had to incur long term rehabilitation (three Months).
I can now re-establish my Karaoke Interests, I have now re purchased a further Backup lap top and would like to install on the new lap top. I have not tried this as yet, as I believe your records would show two installations had already been carried out.
This as I have already stated is not the case. Would you please permit this authorisation of the second installation as the first installed software was lost when the lap top was returned to Currys.