PDA

View Full Version : Graphics problems - Solved by downloading DirectX 8.0

dynamic
September 13th, 2001, 09:12 AM
I've been trying to play my CDG's with the Player in Microstudio. It tells me that I need a graphics card which supports 256 colours @ 320x240 resolution.

Unfortunately, for me, that would mean DOWN-grading my graphics card (it's an ATI Rage PRO), and I'm not prepared to do that. Of course, I can continue to rip the CDG discs with Microstudio, and then view the product in DART's player, which doesn't have this problem (of course DART can't play the discs in real-time), but it's a bit of a palaver.

Does anyone have an easier "workaround" for this, or are MTU ever intending to address this display quirk?

Incidentally, just in case you need to know, I'm running:

INTEL EPEA2 motherboard
Celeron 366 CPU
ATI Rage Pro Graphics (all res.'s from 640x480 to 1600x1280)
M-Audio Lagoon (8-channel ADAT based soundcard)

I don't own a karaoke player, as I hire a full rig in as I need it. Hence the need to check tracks on my PC.

Thanks.

MTUSUPPORT
September 13th, 2001, 11:43 AM
This only telling you that Microstudio is unable to set your resolution for our player to 320x480. This is not what you have to set your display to. The reason that you will get this with an ATI card is one of the following two:

1) You havent installed DirectX 8.0. To find out how to check it and update it please read: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=772

2) The other thing that could cause this is that you might have to upgrade your Video drivers from ATI's website to support DirectX 8.0. There website is www.ati.com

Thanks,

dynamic
September 19th, 2001, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I installed DirectX 8.0, and it works perfectly. Easily the best CDG decoder I've ever seen or heard.

Thanks again

Ian

(Thread closed)