PDA

View Full Version : Vocal Cancel

gpayne
July 4th, 2006, 10:58 PM
It appears that when you edit songs and change them to R-Vocal or L-Vocal, they do not update the song header.

I have imported some multiplex songs from .bin files and there is no way to tell Hoster that you want R-Vocal or L-Vocal etc. I saw another post that had the same problem and he edited the multiplex songs and changed them to R-Vocal or L-Vocal. When the songs were played, they did not change to R-Vocal or L-Vocal. The person who helped talked about using a work around. The work around was to edit a song imported from a CDG to multiplex and L or R vocal, then start playing that song if only for a few seconds. After this the other R-Vocal songs would change when played as long as hoster was not shut down.

Is this just a bug in Hoster? I know this probably does not affect many users and as such will probably not be fixed anytime soon. I guess I should probably post in the New Requests forum and ask for the right or left vocal selections in the import from hard drive section of hoster.

Thanks
gpayne

ddouglass
July 5th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I think that the multiplexing is originally a CDG format and that is why it is only in the CD Import. Guess they never thought about people converting songs to bin before importing. You are right in that the best place to put this would be New Requests.

gpayne
July 5th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I think that the multiplexing is originally a CDG format and that is why it is only in the CD Import. Guess they never thought about people converting songs to bin before importing. You are right in that the best place to put this would be New Requests.

I understand that, but when you edit the songs from the tools/edit songs menu, should they not work properly then? I know that when you do this, it changes those items in the database as I have looked at it. Evidently the database is only used to prepare song books or the search functions.

Also, why does this work around thing work. Evidently when you edit a song the song header is updated for certain functions like CDG but not .bin or anything that is already on the hard drive. My usual importation procedure is as follows:

1. I import into Microstudio.
a. This way I have a backup of the disk and can make custom disks.
2. I import into Hoster
a. This is to use in the shows etc.

I do this when the CDG is taken out of the package. I do it this was mostly because the disk is brand new and when I import, I want no scratches or imperfections on the disk.

MTU allowed importation from the hard drive several versions back. This was something I was happy they did because I thought It would give me the opportunity to not have to type titles and artists in twice. (Not so) Most of the time, the CDG's that I buy to import are not in MTU's latest version of Hoster's database. Those CDG's could have been Multiplex or regular CDG.

At any rate, thanks Dale for responding. Your efforts at trying to resolve problems with the Hoster software in these forums is very admireable. The fact the MTU has such forums so people can voice their pleasures and concerns connected with their software is a testiment to fact that they are the best in the business.

See ya

gpayne

ddouglass
July 5th, 2006, 10:30 AM
When you edit them yes it should work and it doesn't do so correctly. I presume the work around works because once this is set Hoster then has that setting as a default and continues to do it as long as Hoster isn't shutdown. It needs to be fixed, but how soon they (MTU) can get to it is anybodies guess.

And no the database is used in the program to look for the files you want to load into the playlist, not for the songbook only. It is the index of the files.

Since the CD import and the HD import are separate parts of the program, then what gets put into one may not be added to the other.

gpayne
July 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Ok!!!

I just did not understand why it did not work. I am amazed that someone would be able to find a work around for something like that. It must have been chance or someone just trying anything to find that work around.

Thanks

gpayne

mindonstrike
July 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Ok!!!

I just did not understand why it did not work. I am amazed that someone would be able to find a work around for something like that. It must have been chance or someone just trying anything to find that work around.

Thanks

gpayne
That was me

I don't remember exactly how I came accross it (7 or 8 months ago) except maybe I've got too much time on my hands!

Sam