PDA

View Full Version : Error 7 when installing Hoster

xurne
June 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
I had to format my hard drive yesterday to reinstall a new copy of windows xp. Now when I try to re-install Hoster I get a message saying error "7", contact MTU. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Patrick
Center Stage Entertainment

Beavis
June 22nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
its the email address you are using while installing. its wrong.

xurne
June 22nd, 2006, 04:55 PM
The email address is the original registration email address. It is spelled correctly. I have double checked things with my order history provided by MTU. There should be no problem with the email address I'm using. What else could be the problem? Did I wipe out or change some "code" when I formatted my hard drive and re-installed windows xp?

Thanks!
Patrick

Beavis
June 22nd, 2006, 07:52 PM
did you try and restore your computer to an earlier time ??

xurne
June 22nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
I don't have any restore points where Hoster was still installed. Would it matter if I used a different Windows XP disk to install Windows XP? I did not recieve a Windows XP disk when I purchased my laptop. So, I used a Windows XP install disk from an old desktop I had, and used the product key from the Windows XP sticker on the bottom of my laptop. I did have to call Microsoft to get a new registration number. I have a backup laptop with Hoster installed thankfully. But, I would like to get this laptop up and running with Hoster. It is my prefered laptop. I appreciate all the help!

Thanks!
Patrick

xurne
June 25th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Still unable to download Hoster. Error 7 apparently means the email address and registration # don't match. I am at a loss why I get this message when I copy and paste the email address and registration # right from my original download. Where do I go from here?

Patrick