PDA

View Full Version : windows video codec

totis
June 21st, 2006, 01:20 AM
Both of mi Hoster PCs (main and backup) are very similar in terms of processor, ram, windows XP...
One PC plays all type of video files while the other does not play any mpeg.
Somebody once sad some windows video codecs were missing :?
How can I find out which codecs are missing?
How can I install them?

mayottjr
June 21st, 2006, 01:53 AM
If you will email me I will send you a file that you will want on both computers and it will allow you to play almost anything.
Email me at mayottjr@insightbb.com

gduns - with the Lord
June 21st, 2006, 09:41 AM
I went to the Divx driver website and got it there, it will allow .avi, mpeg and lots more. you just install. I have mostly cinverted to .avi files. amd they work the best for me in the smallest size.

totis
July 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I went to the Divx driver website and got it there, it will allow .avi, mpeg and lots more. you just install. I have mostly cinverted to .avi files. amd they work the best for me in the smallest size.
Thanks gduns for your advice but it did not work for me.
DivX player does play all kind of files, but my Hoster still does not play mpeg files.
Any input from MTU?

gduns - with the Lord
July 13th, 2006, 08:01 AM
.mpeg and .mpg files are the same change the extension to .mpg and they will play.

mayottjr
July 13th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I have a small file that I have used for awhile with no problem and it's free. Most of the video codecs out. Have only seen about 3 or 4 movies types I couldn't deal with. Leave me an email address and I will send it.

totis
July 13th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I have a small file that I have used for awhile with no problem and it's free. Most of the video codecs out. Have only seen about 3 or 4 movies types I couldn't deal with. Leave me an email address and I will send it.
my email: fandreu2@hotmail.com
thanks a lot.

MTUSUPPORT
July 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Mayottjr,
Can you also email me this file or a link to where I can download this.

I will then do a FAQ on this with that file.