PDA

View Full Version : Hard disc fried - what to do?

70mlbu
June 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM
My hard disc is dead and the computer stops booting at "verifying dmi pool data". I want to put Hoster V. 2.014 on my laptop. Most of my KMA files are on an external hard drive which is where I would like to install Hoster if possible. What do I need to do if I can't access the original program to uninstall it so I can put it on another computer?

ddouglass
June 20th, 2006, 08:47 AM
First, you do not want to install Hoster on the external drive because this will cause all kinds of problems the least of which would be extremely slow operation. If you think by installing on the external that you wouldn't have to install it again but just move the drive to another computer, think again. Windows has registry entries that must be there (part of the installing) for any program to work.

Now, if you have installed Hoster on only one computer, then you should be able to go ahead with the laptop install. If not then you will need to post a message in the Critical Registration to get MTUSupport to reset it.

You might want to think about upgrading your Hoster as well since MTU is up to version 3.310. This one supports a lot more CD drives and imports at a muchly improved speed. Not to mention that it is more stable than the older versions.