PDA

View Full Version : Songbooks without multiplex

BANDL
June 19th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Is there a way to print the song books without those songs that have the vocals in it. There is a radio button to include only multiplex, but none to leave them out. Is there a way????

Thanks

Bandl

admin
June 20th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Good request. No, currently there is no way as this has never been requested. The attached image is a "strawman" proposal we could add into 3.311. What do you think? Is this sufficient, or should we add more, others... :?

(click the image to see an "expand" icon and click it to see the full image)

ddouglass
June 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I like it. But I'm not sure what BANDL is asking for about Multiplexed. I know those have the vocals (on one track) but those can be turned off so I would still want those listed.

I think maybe his question is about those CDs that are 4+4 or 6+6 where half of the CD is with vocal and half isn't. I load the vocal tracks into Hoster, so I can use them for testing or if we have a slow night and I need filler. I would not want those listed in the Songbook though. So maybe a way to filter (out) "Vocal" from the title (like entering a partial in search window):g

Beavis
June 20th, 2006, 12:48 PM
he must have imported the entire cdg when he did them way back when.

admin
June 20th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Bandl... comments?

I'd like your input on what "multiplex" files you want to remove. Is DDouglass right and you want to remove those 4+4 or 8+8 with the vocals?

bobcox- with the Lord
June 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM
just edit your song books before you print. Bob

BANDL
June 21st, 2006, 02:42 PM
I like the image sent by the administrator. I take from this image that in the radio button is checked those songs with vocals or duets will be printed in the songbook. If left unchecked they will be left out.

I know that multiplex have the vocals on the left (usually) channel, however when you get rid of the left channel you loose sound quality. Since it would be very easy to determine with songs have vocals with Hoster I would prefer not to print them in the books, thereby saving space.

Thanks to all of you:s

Just a request.

Bandl

I did find out a way to print a book without the vocals, but is not aas easy as clicking a radio button.

ddouglass
June 21st, 2006, 04:01 PM
So in that case, Admin I guess you have a request with an addendum (mine).:g

admin
June 22nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Both will be considered for a future upgrade. :)