PDA

View Full Version : MediaCloq ?

CerealKiller
June 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
About 30 of my Sound Choice CDG's Have Mediacloq does anyone know how I can Backup these cdg's onto computer? The only thing I have heard of is to buy a seprate burner and burn them onto another cdg??

wackyquack
June 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
There are multiple threads on this particular topic. I might suggest you use the search tool use Mediclog as your topic search.

Sorry, after I posted this I realized I was referring to multi session disks, not mediclog. Sorry for an confusion.

CochrellGary
June 12th, 2006, 01:34 PM
A piece of software called "DiscJuggler" can copy and remove Mediaclog protection from most Mediacloged CDG's. I had one Mediacloged CDG that DiscJuggler could not handle. It required an older SCSI drive that a friend had along with DiscJuggler to remove and copy the CDG.

When Sound Choice was using the Mediaclog protection scheme they apparently went through three different variations before the technique was discontinued. That's why some of the protected CDG's will not copy using DiscJuggler.

Good Luck

Gary

admin
June 12th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Wait a week...

Our plan is to get Microstudio 3.000 Beta 1 out Friday evening for testing. It may be able to handle MediaCloq discs. As Gary C pointed, out SC used several versions of this protection scheme. I believe MediaCloq is now discontinued from SunCom, who created it. Some of our Beta Testers have MQ discs to test with. :w

CerealKiller
June 19th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I want to thank you all for your replies

WDEWDAD7
June 19th, 2006, 07:56 PM
As I recall....if you have a Sound Choice disc with any copy protection on it, you can call Sound Choice and request a replacement disc without this on it. You do have to pay shipping (nominal). Is this not correct? I have replaced one disc so far. They were very nice about it too. I do have one SC disc, that has fifteen tracks, but Hoster reads it as only having 14. It doesn't even recognize the 15th track as being there.

bobcox- with the Lord
June 21st, 2006, 01:10 PM
use plextor ultra plex 40 and clone cd to copy all media cloq cdg then put copy into micro-studio and you get a perfect clean copy everytime.Bob:g

CerealKiller
June 23rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Micro-studio ???

bobcox- with the Lord
June 24th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Ok microstudio.

CerealKiller
June 25th, 2006, 08:20 PM
ok its been a week :) what do i need and how do i get it ?

StarSounds
July 27th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Ok so now its been over a month since a post on this so I thought I'd write and ask about it. Is micro studio 3.000 Beta out yet? If so does it work? Is it able to handle mediacloqs? Thanks.